General Information for Transferring Credits

General Information for Transferring Credits

Your transcript will be evaluated the term in which you are completing your program.

  • Meet with your academic advisor to do an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts to help plan your schedule

    as well as

  • Use the Transfer Tool in order to see how your prior college classes transfer to Lane. Not all courses are listed
  • You must earn at least 24 Lane credits in order to earn a Lane degree.


Until your prior course work has been evaluated and you can see the course(s) on your myGradPlan, please go to the appropriate department to have registration holds cleared.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I submit my official transcripts?
Lane accepts official transcripts from US institutions that are regionally accredited. All documents submitted to Lane CC become the property of Lane and are subject to federal law, The Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).

Why isn't all of my prior coursework transferring?
We are evaluating Lower Division Collegiate coursework only. Upper-division coursework, usually 300-400 level courses, will be evaluated on an individual basis. Career Technical Education coursework will be evaluated if it can be applied toward the degree or certificate. LCC does not transfer in coursework from other institutions where grades of F, or NP/U (No Pass/Unsatisfactory) were earned.

Why are some of my transfer courses listed as 1XX or 2XX?
Whenever possible LCC assigns a direct equivalency for transfer coursework. When there is not a direct equivalent course at LCC, the course is assigned a 1XX or 2XX within the appropriate subject area. In many cases these courses will still carry applicable attribtues that will satisfy specific LCC degree and certificate requirements.

Will my transfer GPA be included on my transcript?
Transfer GPA is neither calculated by LCC nor included in the overall GPA on LCC transcripts.

U.S. Transfer Credits

  • Coursework must be completed at a regionally-accredited institution.
  • Grades of D or better required for transfer.
  • Pass/NoPass grades are only transferrable when the issuing institution defines the grade as C (including C-) or better.
  • Coursework at 300 levels or above is reviewed on a case by case basis and may require instructional department's review.
  • The college or university must have been accredited or be a candidate for accreditation when the course work was taken.

International Transfer Credits

  • Coursework listed on non–US transcripts may only be evaluated when accompanied by an evaluation from an approved evaluation service. Students may select an agency of their choice from the NACES site.
  • A course-by-course evaluation from the evaluation service is required.
  • Complete the transcript evaluation request form.

Non-Traditional Transfer Credits

Credit by Assessment and Credit by Exam may be granted for some courses. Students can use these methods to earn credits when institutions are not regionally accredited for a maximum of 25 percent of the degree or certificate. Find out more about Credit by Assessment.

Lane CC will evaluate any of the following learning experiences for credit depending on test and score:

  • Advanced Placement (AP)
  • College Level Entrance Examination Program (CLEP)
  • International Baccalaureate (IB)
  • Military Service Credit
  • (AARTS, CCAF, CGI, and SMART) based on American Council on Education (ACE) recommendation.

A military veteran will be granted 3 credits of PE upon the submission of a DD214 showing completion of basic training.