Coronavirus Information (COVID-19)
While Lane Community College remains open, access to all locations is restricted to students and staff participating in approved activities and course work, and members of the public participating in scheduled, College-approved activities. All individuals on campus must adhere to proper safety procedures and complete the daily health assessment (see below). Most campus services are available online. View the service availability page to learn more.
Coming to LCC
Face masks are required inside all college facilities. Anyone coming to an LCC facility should complete a daily health assessment (see below). If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, or have both been in close contact with a person who was diagnosed with COVID-19 and have been on campus within the last five days, email email@example.com so we can confidentially follow-up. Please include your name, L number, and contact information.
All visitors must comply with signage and directives from Public Safety regarding safety precautions, including any masking, social distancing, or other requirements. Employees must adhere to proper safety procedures.
Masks & Face Coverings
Face coverings are required indoors in all LCC facilities regardless of vaccination status. They are also required outdoors when social distancing is not possible. Face coverings must fully cover the nose and mouth. Face shields may not be worn instead of face masks. Mesh masks, lace masks, and other face coverings with openings, valves, holes, vents, or other visible gaps in the design or material are not in compliance with this policy. Click here for more information about selecting and wearing masks. Face coverings may be removed when alone in a room/office.
Lane Community College has temporarily suspended the COVID-19 vaccination confirmation/exemption reporting process. The vaccination requirement remains in effect and you will soon receive additional instructions on how to submit verification of vaccination or exemption. Look for an email communication soon for updates and additional information about the vaccination requirement, which will now include an upload of vaccine cards for vaccinated individuals, and a change to the exemption framework. The health and safety circumstances of Lane County have changed, and the College must adapt accordingly.
As an enticement for students to get their COVID-19 vaccinations, Lane Community College will give fully vaccinated students an opportunity to win $500 when they return to classes for fall term. Three hundred students will win $500 prizes, totaling $150,000. Funding for the lottery is provided by the federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. The vaccine lottery is open to all credit and non-credit students. No application is needed. Winners will be drawn at random from registered students who submit proof of vaccination through the Student Vaccination Confirmation Form which is being updated and will be available soon.
The LCC COVID-19 Dashboard provides information to the College and community about the results of COVID-19 reported by Lane County Public Health. View the dashboard.
While Lane Community College remains open, access to all locations is restricted to students and staff participating in approved activities and course work, and members of the public participating in scheduled, College-approved activities. All individuals on campus must adhere to proper safety procedures. Click here for information about scheduling events at Lane.
Daily Health Assessment
Students, employees and guests are asked to complete a daily health assessment before coming to an LCC facility. Below is a list of symptoms currently reported for COVID-19. Please check the CDC website for the most current information.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past ten days?
- In the last 72 hours have you experienced any of the following not attributed to a chronic condition:
- Fever (temperature of 100.4 F or above) or feeling feverish?
- Shortness of breath?
- Muscle pain (not associated with recent strenuous exercise, injury or an alternate diagnosis made by a healthcare professional)?
- Sore throat?
- Congestion or runny nose?
- Nausea or vomiting?
- Loss of taste or smell?
- If you are not fully vaccinated, in the last 14 days have you:
- Cared for or had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (except in a professional health care setting wearing a fit-tested N95 mask)
- If you are vaccinated and have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19:
- You should get tested 3-5 days after your exposure, even if you don’t have symptoms. You should also wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until your test result is negative. You should isolate for 10 days if your test result is positive.
If you answer “Yes” to any question above, contact your healthcare provider and DO NOT come to campus. For your safety and the safety of others, if you are on campus with these symptoms you may be instructed to go home.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- Face masks are required when inside all buildings on campus and outdoors when 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained.
- LCC will offer a variety of instructional opportunities including in-person, online, and hybrid.
- Students and employees must complete a daily health assessment (see above) before coming to campus.
- Limit use of campus facilities to approved activities and course work, and members of the public participating in scheduled, College-approved activities.