Nursing Assistant 1
Nursing Assistant 1
The Nursing Assistant course is offered every term.
Registration for Fall Term classes will begin on September 4th!
It is highly recommended you attend an informational meeting before you register.
Fall Term Informational Meetings:
- Wednesday, August 29, 5:15-6:15pm, Room 327, Mary Spilde Downtown Center, 101 W 10 Ave
- Thursday, August 30,10:30-11:30am, Room 327, Mary Spilde Downtown Center, 101 W 10 Ave
The Nursing Assistant course provides the student with the skills to perform basic level nursing care. Content includes introduction to health care facilities, role of the nursing assistant, communication, medical terminology, basic body structure and function, patient needs, basic growth and development, preventing infection, body mechanics, and much more. This course is approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Upon successful completion of this non-credit course, students may sit for the Oregon State Board of Nursing certification exam for nursing assistants at an additional fee.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites required to register for the Nursing Assistant Course. NO application or pretesting is required for this course.
One Term Only: The Nursing Assistant 1 course is ONE TERM ONLY. It is split into two half-term classes, Classroom Part One and Clinical Part Two, one following the other:
Nursing Assistant Class: Part One - Classroom
This is part one of a two-part class. Upon successful completion of Nursing Assistant Class-Part One, you will be able to register for Nursing Assistant Clinical-Part Two. Nursing Assistant Class-Part One and Nursing Assistant Clinical- Part Two must be successfully completed in order to sit for the Oregon State Board of Nursing certification exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Space is limited! Register Now!
Fall Term Sessions
- MWF, 8am-12pm, Sep 24-Nov 8, Mary Spilde Downtown Center, Rm 327, Carrick, $639
- MWF, 1-5pm, Sep 24-Nov 8, Mary Spilde Downtown Center, Rm 327, Carrick, $639
- TuWTh, 5-9pm, Sep 25-Nov 8, Mary Spilde Downtown Center, Rm 327, Manwarren, $639
- TuTh, 9am-3pm, Sep 25-Nov 8, Mary Spilde Downtown Center, Rm 327, Leach, $639
Nursing Assistant Clinical: Part Two - Clinical
This is part two of a two part class. You must successfully complete Nursing Assistant Class-Part One, in order to register for Nursing Assistant Clinical-Part Two. This class is designed to give the student a course of practice of basic level nursing care and skills. Last day for all students is Dec 7, location will be at Mary Spilde Downtown Center, Rm 327.
- MWF, 6am-2pm, Nov 8-Dec 7, Location TBA, McKeogh, $639
- MWF, 2-10pm, Nov 8-Dec 7, Location TBA, Leach, $639
- TuWTh, 4-10pm, Nov 8-Dec 7, Location TBA, Carrick, $639
- TuTh, 7am-3pm, Nov 8-Dec 7, Location TBA, Leach, $639
Space is limited! Fall Term registration starts on September 4th!
Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: Long Term Care Workbook, ISBN: 978-1604250626, 4th Edition, 16, Author: Dugan, Publisher: Hartman, Cost: $16.85
Nursing Assistant Care: Long Term Care and Home Care Textbook, ISBN: 978-1604250619, 4th Edition, 16, Author: Dugan, Publisher: Hartman, Cost: $52.88
Remember: Save your receipts, if you go to work in an LTC (long term care facility) after obtaining your certificate, and work there a minimum amount of time, you can obtain reimbursement for your course costs from that long term care employer...including textbook and testing fees!