What is Graduation?
Graduation is the certifying of degrees and certificates.
See the Graduation Application page to apply for your diploma.
Commencement is the annual ceremony Lane has for the graduates it certifies throughout the year. The commencement ceremony is usually held in June.
Your name will appear in the Commencement Program for that school year if you submitted your degree application prior to the deadline.
See the Graduation Application page for details.
Lane Community College
52nd Annual Commencement Ceremony will be held on the Main Campus this year!
This is a new and exciting venture for us and we are looking forward to showcasing our beautiful location and campus.
The commencement cermony will be held on Saturday, June 17, 2017 at Bristow Square. The ceremony will begin at 2:00 pm.
Bristow Square is located outside the gym (building 5) and in front of the Music, Dance and Theater Arts building (building 16). To the Norht of the Center building.
The Student Life and Leadership Development Division is responsible for coordinating the commencement ceremony for credit students and GED graduates. The primary contact is Tina Lymath (541) 463-5336.
How to participate in the Commencement Ceremony:
Please read this carefully.
- You must apply for your degree no later than May 14th, 2017 for your name to appear in the program booklet. If you do not, you can still walk in the ceremony but your name will not appear in the booklet until the June 2018 booklet. See the yellow box to the left to access the Graduation Application page.
- If you have applied for your degree by the deadline, there will be name card for you once you check in at the ceremony. If you did not apply for your degree by the deadline you can make your own. There will be blank cards and sharpies on hand for you to use.
- Once you get your name card, please hold on to it during the ceremony until you get on stage. The name reader will call out your name and program before you cross the stage.
No tickets are required or issued. This is a public event. Please keep in mind that the hall fills up fast and we are always at capacity.
- During the commencement ceremony you will receive your diploma cover only.
- Your actual diploma will be mailed to you once your degree requirements have been met and after grades are in. This process can take up to 12 weeks.
- You do not have to attend commencement to receive your degree or diploma cover. You can pick one up or have a cover and program mailed to you by emailing: email@example.com or calling (541) 463-5336.
Ceremony order of events:
- Graduates arrive on campus at 1:00. There will be plenty of parking.
- 1:30 degree areas will be called and you will line up according to your program. Listen carefully to the instructions as things move quickly.
- 2:00 you will march onto Bristow Square area.
- Yes you can sit with your friends even it if is not your own degree program.
There will be a Grad Fair in the Titan Store, Center building-Cafeteria on Wednesday May 10, from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
You will be able to purchase your cap and gown, speak with photographers, order annoucements and get more information about the actual ceremony. For more information on ordering regalia Please visit the Titanstore for more information.
- Regalia will also be available the day of the event.
- Veterans and honor cords will also be available in the Titan Store.
Life Touch will be doing the photography for our 2017 event.
- Visit events.lifetouch.com to sign up and receive notification when your proofs are online and ready to order.
- Everyone will be photographed
- Photos will be online at events.lifetouch.com ten days after the ceremony
- Complimentary proofs mailed to Graduates
- No obligation to purchase
Contact: (541) 746-1110
2015 and previous years photorgaphs by John Dutton are still available: PhotoReflect - John Dutton Photography - 2015 Lane Community College Graduation
Accommodations and area information
- Area accommodations information for out-of-town guests
- Special rates for Motel 6 offered for college students and families: Go to www.motel6.com and choose the Glenwood property (close to campus). Motel 6 is located off Interstate 5 near the college's main campus. Telephone number: (541) 687-2395.
- Comfort Suites
For assistance to those with disabilities or who are in need of special accommodations (wheelchair access, walkers and other needs), please contact the Center for Accessible Resources at Lane Community College: (541) 463-5150.