What is Graduation?
Graduation is the certifying of degrees and certificates.
See the Graduation Application page to apply for your diploma.
Commencement is the annual ceremony Lane has for the graduates it certifies throughout the year. The commencement ceremony is usually held in June.
Your name will appear in the Commencement Program for that school year if you submitted your degree application prior to the deadline.
See the Graduation Application page for details.
Lane Community College
53rd Annual Commencement Ceremony page
The commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 16, 2018, 12:00 p.m. (noon) at Bristow Square. See map below for directions.
Ceremony Order of Events
11:00 a.m. - You will meet between Buildings 7 and 9 to line up and get organized. Listen very carefully to staff and faculty. They will be there to help you. Volunteers will be wearing a blue Lane Community College T-shirt.
12:00 p.m. - HIGH NOON!
- This is when it all happens and it goes by quickly! Enjoy it.
- Executive Team marches to stage.
- Bagpipers will lead Faculty and Graduates to the entrance of the seating area. After bagpipers make their exit, wait for the Pomp and Circumstance song. You will be led to your seats by faculty and staff marshalls.
- Please stay standing for the National Anthem.
- You will hear multiple speeches and then will be led to the stage. The risers to the left of the stage, closest to the Performance Hall (building 6), will go first from the top down. Keep your name cards with you. When you cross the stage you will give your name card to the reader. You will get your diploma cover and congratulated by President Spilde and board members.
- Cross the stage and proceed down the ramp where you will get your picture taken, then ushered back to your seats by volunteers.
Please remain seated until the ceremony is over. You will walk out the same way you walked in. We hope you enjoy your celebration.
The Student Life and Leadership Development Division is responsible for coordinating the commencement ceremony for credit students and GED graduates. The primary contact is Tina Lymath (541) 463-5336.
How to participate in the Commencement Ceremony:
Please read this carefully.
- You must have applied for your degree no later than May 14th, 2017 for your name to appear in the program booklet. If you did not, you can still walk in the ceremony but your name will not appear in the booklet until next year. See the Graduation Application page for details.
- If you have applied for your degree by the deadline, there will be name card for you once you check in at the ceremony.
- If you did not apply for your degree by the deadline you can make your own. There will be blank cards and sharpies on hand for you to use.
- Once you get your name card, please hold on to it during the ceremony until you get on stage. The name reader will call out your name and program before you cross the stage.
No tickets are required or issued. This is a public event. Please keep in mind that seating fills up quickly and we are always at capacity.
- During the commencement ceremony you will receive your diploma cover only.
- Your actual diploma will be mailed to you once your degree requirements have been met and after grades are in. This process can take up to 12 weeks.
- You do not have to attend commencement to receive your degree or diploma cover. You can pick one up or have a cover and program mailed to you by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (541) 463-5336.
For degree questions contact the degree evaluators at email@example.com
Caps and Gowns
You will be able to purchase your cap and gown are available a the Titan Store on the main campus.
- Regalia will also be available the day of the event.
- Veterans and honor cords will also be available in the Titan Store.
Life Touch will be doing the photography for our 2017 event.
- Visit events.lifetouch.com to sign up and receive notification when your proofs are online and ready to order.
- Everyone will be photographed
- Photos will be online at events.lifetouch.com ten days after the ceremony
- Complimentary proofs mailed to Graduates
- No obligation to purchase
Contact: (541) 746-1110
2015 and previous years photographs by John Dutton are still available: PhotoReflect - John Dutton Photography - 2015 Lane Community College Graduation
Accommodations and area information
- Area accommodations information for out-of-town guests
- Special rates for Motel 6 are offered for college students and families: Visit the Motel 6 website and choose the Glenwood property (close to campus). Motel 6 is located off Interstate 5 near the college's main campus. Telephone number: (541) 687-2395.
- Comfort Suites
For assistance to those with disabilities or who are in need of special accommodations please contact the Center for Accessible Resources at Lane Community College: (541) 463-5150.