Regional Technical and Early College
Did You Know?
RTEC Start Planning for Fall Term
For HSC Advising Contact:Brenda Williams
Phone: (541) 463-3443
Fall, Winter & Spring Terms
High School Partnership Referral form Required for every sponsored student once a year
Take a Career Pathway Course
What is RTEC?
RTEC (Regional Technical and Early College) are career/technical courses not available at your high school. These courses can get you on your way on a Career Pathway to your future.
Who is eligible?
High School juniors and seniors currently enrolled in a local high school, who are interested in taking introductory and pre-requisite courses for a jump start into career technical interest areas.
Currently Available RTEC Courses:
- Computer Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Flight Technolgy
- GIS Mapping
- Health Professions
- Human Services
View the complete list of Lane School of Professional and Technical Careers Programs. Many other career technical courses may also be available on an individual basis. Consult with your guidance counselor or our Advisor in the High School Connections Office:
- Talk to your Transition Counselor or Principal to see if your high school has funding for these courses.
- All high schools can assist students in identifying courses and helping students receive both high school and college credits
- Tuition Chart
How do I apply for RTEC?
- Apply for admission and choose the Credit Application - First time in college.
- Make an appointment for placement testing at Lane CC or check with your transition counselors to see if testing can be taken at your high school.
- You are required to meet minimum score requirements in Reading, Sentence and Math tests.
- Have your counselor complete a High School Partnership Referral form
- Fax a copy of form to the High School Connections office, Fax: (541) 463-4734 and send original to the School District office for approval.
- School District will send signed forms to Pam McClelland in the High School Connections Office Pam's email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- School District Officials will set up a payment schedule with Sponsored Accounts
- Contact Brenda Williams (541) 463-3443 email@example.com. She will discuss course choices, schedules, plans and registration.
Contact the High School Connections office at (541) 463-5521.