Be sure to check the Registration Calendar to review important dates!
Questions or concerns about your registration? Contact Enrollment Services.
Ready to register? myLane includes an intuitive registration system to make adding and dropping your classes easier.
Before you register, make sure to check the Registration Calendar for important dates.
If you are a New Credit Student: You must complete ALL Steps to Enroll prior to the Thursday before the term begins, or you will need to wait until the following term.
Are you a Senior Citizen? You may be able to use Lane's Senior Credit Tuition Waiver Option! Be sure to follow all the directions for a tuition-free class.
Looking for Continuing Education or Non-Credit Classes? Register through the Continuing Education Department.
How to Register in myLane
Caution! Before registering for any classes, be sure that you are either still within the "refund period" or have been given permission by the instructor to add the class. If you add any class after the refund period, you are responsible for the tuition and fees, unless there is a reason beyond your control that you are unable to attend.
Please remember to drop any classes you do not wish to continue attending by the end of the first week of the term, Sunday, at 11:59 pm. except during Summer term. Check the refund/drop schedule for current information.
No Show/Drop: If you do not attend any meeting of a class in the first week, Lane has a "No Show/Drop" policy. Your instructor will drop you in this instance by the Monday after the first week.
How to Register for your Classes:
- Log into myLane.
- Click on the "myEnrollment" tab.
Checking to see if you are Cleared:
- In the "Student Status" section in the middle of the page, click "When Can I Register?" and choose the correct term.
- If you are cleared, click the "Back to myEnrollment tab" link at the upper left of the screen.
Searching for and Adding Classes:
Click on "Registration Tool" on the left-hand side of the myEnrollment screen. All searching, adding, dropping, credit and grading option changes, etc, are done using this tool.
Here is a short video to show you the basics of how to use the Registration Tool.
Unable to view this video? View it on video.lanecc.edu
Wait Listing for Full Classes:
If you try to add a class that is full and has a Wait List, you will receive one of the following "Registration Error" messages:
Section Full - (0) Students Waitlisted - Waitlist seats available – Means there is a Wait List for this class, there aren't any other students on the Wait List and you can add yourself to the waitlist.
Section Full - (1) Students Waitlisted - Waitlist seats available – Means there is a Wait List for this class, there is 1 other student ahead of you and you can add yourself.
How to know if you have been offered a space: You will receive an email in your "my.lanecc.edu" email, and/or a text message if you've set up text messaging in myLane.
You must register yourself, once you are selected from the wait list.
You will receive an email notification from Lane when a space becomes available. If you have given permission, in the "Waitlist Status and Text Messaging" link on the myEnrollment page, you will also receive a text message. This can be any time, day or night. You will have 12 hours to add yourself to the class. If you do not add the class within the time frame given, you will automatically be dropped from the waitlist.
How the Wait List works once the term begins:
- If you are in position 1-5 on the Wait List once the term begins, you must go to the class during the first week, so that you can keep up with the coursework in case a spot opens up for you.
- Registration will close for any class that is not full at the end of the final meeting of that class in the first week, unless the instructor gives you permission to add it.
- At the end of Friday of the first week of the term, all wait lists will be purged, but you may ask for your instructor's permission to add a class at that point.
- The Monday following the first week of the term, instructors must complete the "No Show/Drop" process for any students who were registered but did not attend at all during the first week. This may be a time when you find a spot in a previously full class!
Still have questions? Contact Enrollment Services