The word "registration" means adding your classes and creating a class schedule for the term.
Registration Deadline Alert:
Students must complete any additions to their credit class schedule by Monday of week two at 11:59pm.
Credit registration will close on this date and any late registration must be completed through Enrollment Services and will be assessed a $50 late add fee.
(Due to Corona virus-Covid-19, this late fee will not apply for Summer term, 2020)
This fee is not cumulative-but will only be assessed once per term if classes are added late.
Please register early to avoid these charges! Please inquire with Enrollment Services if you have any questions.
Be sure to check the Registration Calendar to review important dates!
Questions or concerns about your registration? Contact Enrollment Services.
myLane has an intuitive registration system to make adding and dropping your classes easier.
Before you register, make sure to check the Registration Calendar for important dates. If you are a New Credit Student: You must complete ALL Steps to Enroll prior to the Thursday before the term begins, or you will need to wait until the following term. Noncredit/Continuing Education Students do not register in myLane, but in a "shopping cart" system on the Continuing Education website.
Refund Deadline: Please remember to drop any classes you do not wish to continue attending by the end of the first week of the term, Sunday, at 11:59 pm. (Summer term is slightly different, as there are multiple "parts of the term") Check the refund/drop schedule for current information.
How to Register in myLane
- Log into myLane.
- Click on the "myEnrollment" tab.
Checking to see if you are Cleared:
- Click "When Can I Register?" in the center of the page, and choose the correct term.
- If you are cleared, click the "Back to myEnrollment tab" link at the upper left of the screen.
Searching for and Adding Classes:
Click on "Registration Tool" on the left-hand side of the myEnrollment screen. All searching, adding, dropping, credit and grading option changes, etc, are done using this tool.
For any change you make to your registration, whether it is adding, dropping, or changing the grade option, you must click "Submit" at the lower right corner of the page, in order to complete that action.
Here is a short video to show you the basics of how to use the Registration Tool.
Unable to view this video? View it on video.lanecc.edu
Wait Listing for Full Classes:
If you try to add a class that is full and has a Wait List, you will receive the following "Registration Error" message:
Section Full - (0) Students Waitlisted - Waitlist seats available. This means you can add yourself to a waitlist.
How to know if you have been offered a space:
You will receive an email notification from Lane when a space becomes available. You can also request text message notification, in the "Waitlist Status and Text Messaging" link on the myEnrollment page. This can be any time, day or night. You will have 12 hours to add yourself to the class. If you do not add the class within the time frame given, you will automatically be dropped from the waitlist. If you receive notification that you have a spot, you must go into the Registration tool to add yourself to the class.
How the Wait List works once the term begins:
- If you are in position 1-5 on the Wait List once the term begins, you must go to the class during the first week, so that you can keep up with the coursework in case a spot opens up for you.
- Registration will close for any class that is not full at the end of the final meeting of that class in the first week, unless the instructor gives you permission to add it.
- On the morning of Thursday of the first week of the term, all wait lists will be purged, but you may ask for your instructor's permission to add a class at that point.
- The Monday following the first week of the term, instructors must complete the "No Show/Drop" process for any students who were registered but did not attend at all during the first week. This may be a time when you find a spot in a previously full class!
Late Add: Before registering for any classes, be sure that you are either still within the "refund period" or have been given permission by the instructor to add the class. If you add any class after the refund period, you are responsible for the tuition and fees. The "late add" period begins the second Tuesday of each term. If you still need to register, you must go to the division office for the class you wish to add, to fill out a "late add" form. You must then bring the completed form to Enrollment Services to be added to the class.
No Show/Drop: If you do not attend any meeting of a class in the first week, Lane has a "No Show/Drop" policy. Your instructor will drop you in this instance by the Monday after the first week.
Still have questions? Contact Enrollment Services