Early Outreach and Referral Program
What is the Early Outreach and Referral Program?
Early Outreach is a system for identifying students who would benefit from extra support. It is intended to provide proactive, individualized support to students to help them succeed in their coursework and other aspects of college life.
Who benefits from Early Outreach?
A wide range of students can benefit. This includes students who are at extreme risk of not completing the course as well as those who are simply not achieving their full potential.
How do students get invited to join?
Anyone concerned about a student (faculty, staff, other students, etc.) can identify and refer students who would benefit from the system. Referrals are made using either an online form or notepad. Students may be referred students due to concerns about absences, missing homework, difficulties at home, or other issues that might impact student success. Don’t worry: if you are referred, you are not in trouble. Someone who cares is paying attention and wants to make sure you are connected with resources.
Referrals go to your class subject Early Outreach Specialist, who will contact you to learn more about your background and come up with a success plan that meets your individual needs. Lane has Early Outreach Specialists for business, math, and social sciences classes, as well as Specialists who can help with reading, writing, or communication/speech projects for any class.
What forms of assistance do the Early Outreach Specialists provide?
In addition to providing tips for your college experience and helping with planning, Early Outreach Specialists can provide weekly tutoring and time management support. They will connect you to any resources that may benefit you, including advising, counseling, financial aid, tutoring, and other campus and community services/resources. Emails and phone call follow-ups are built in to help ensure students successfully achieve their goals.
- Business class support: call (541) 463-5659, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the office in building 19 room #453F.
- Math support: call (541) 463-5713, email email@example.com, or stop by the office across from the Math Resource Center in building 16.
- Science support: email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the office across from the Math Resource Center in building 16.
- Social science class support: call (541) 463-5155, email email@example.com, or stop by the Social Science Resource Center in Center 456.
- Reading, writing, or communication support: call (541) 463-3167, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the office in Center 450 at the back of the Writing Loft.