Child Care Access at Lane Grant (CCAMPIS)
Full or part-time students of Lane Community College with children enrolled in the Lane Child and Family Center for a minimum of 20 hours per week, who are Pell eligible, may qualify for the CAL/CCAMPIS Grant. Space is limited and given on a first come, first serve basis. Contact the Lane Child and Family Center office @ 541-463-5517 for more information and applications.
Who may apply?
- Student Parents enrolling or wanting to enroll a child 30 months to 5 years of age (not kindergarten eligible), a minimum of 20 hours a week in the Lane Child and Family on Campus Child Care Center.
- You must be enrolled in classes a minimum of 6 credit hours in a degree or certificate program, ir 6 hours of basic skills (ESL of GED), with a defined educational objective.
- You must be Pell eligible and have submitted a current school year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students with a minimum GPA of 2.0
Criteria for Participation:
- Following the rules and regulations of the grant and child care center policies.
- Participating in Evaluation activities.
- Upon Acceptance, you will sign a Letter of Agreement outlining the responsibilities, rules and regulations of the grant.
How do I apply for a CAL/CCAMPIS Grant?
Contact Child and Family Center to see if there is an available slot for your child.
Submit a completed CAL/CCAMPIS child care application. The application must include:
- A copy of your current year Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) Showing grant eligibility, a copy of your current year FASFA award letter, a copy of your unofficial transcript and a copy of your current course schedule and college documentation showing your previous grades and cumulative GPA.
How much will I receive?
- There is a limited number of full-time and part-time slots available. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- The grant provides up to 80% of your child care fees.
- The grant award will be credited to your student account and applied towards child care charges.
- You are required to pay the remaining 20%, or balance of your total child care expenses. The center has the co-op option available to help with the remaining balance.
How could I lose my grant award?
- Loss of funding from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Withdrawal of your child from the Lane Child and Family on Campus Center.
- Withdrawal from the minimum requirement of 6 credit hours, of basic skills courses any time during the term.
- Failure to maintain the 2.0GPA
- Failure to attend the required, scheduled parent meetings and parenting classes provided by the grant.
- Failure to meet the 90% attendance requirement for your child each term.
- Failure to provide required paperwork documentation by required deadlines.
- Failure to comply with the parent procedures of the child care facility or rules and regulations of the grant.
- Withdrawal from Lane Community College
- Upon graduation from Lane Community College
When Should I apply for this grant?
- Right Away! Funds are limited and are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Submit application packets by fax, mail or in person to:
Child and Family Education
Lane Community College
4000 E. 30th avenue, Building 24
Eugene OR 97405