The LCC Foundation offers the following scholarship for music majors. The Foundation scholarship deadline is in March each year. See the Foundation scholarship page for full information.
- Masonic Center Eugene Lodge #11 Ancient Free and Accepted Masons ($5,000 available)
- Up to 2 awards of $2,500 available through the LCC Foundation.
The Lane Music Program also offers many department scholarships for music majors or non-majors participating in music lessons and classes.
- John Workman Memorial Jazz Scholarships (up to $1,200 available) - In memory of John Workman (1952-1998) - Jazz Pianist, Composer and Lane Music Faculty Member.
- E Jean Glausi Scholarship (up to $1,500 available) - This award is given to outstanding students(s) who are deserving of support. Award made possibly by the generosity of a donor who wishes to remain anonymous.
Music Scholarship Application Requirements
For all scholarships except for Masonic Center Eugene Lodge Award. Please see above for Masonic Center Eugene Lodge Award information.
Who may apply:
Outstanding student leaders who are interested in studying music, and who are intending to enroll full time at Lane during the following academic year (Fall, Winter and Spring terms).
Application Materials List:
- The application form can be completed by clicking the link below.
- Applications are due June 1st!
- Music Scholarship Application Form
- Because we are using google forms for our online applications, students and teachers making recommendations will need to use a gmail account. If you do not have a gmail account, follow this link to create a new gmail account. You may also use your Lane email address since it is part of the google platform.
- Write an essay (1-2 pages max) that tells us about you and why you deserve to receive this scholarship. You will upload your essay onto your online application. Consider addressing the following:
- What does music mean to you?
- Why do you want to study music at Lane?
- What are your musical/educational goals?
- How have you demonstrated leadership and enhanced musical experiences for others?
- What are your personal and musical strengths?
- Have you had any notable musical accomplishments?
- Why do you want this scholarship?
Two Recommendation Forms:
- Please include two recommendation forms from current teachers, one being a current music teacher. Applicants will have teachers complete and submit the online recommendation form. Because we are using google forms for our online applications, students and teachers making recommendations will need to use a gmail account. If you do not have a gmail account, follow this link to create a new gmail account. You may also use your Lane email address since it is part of the google platform.
- Recommendation Form
Audition Requirements (10-15 minutes max):
- All applicants are required to demonstrate their skill by performing an audition video, which is to be uploaded with their application.
- Audition Requirements
- The audition requirements vary depending on your emphasis (i.e. trumpet, voice, digital composition, etc.)
- See the specific audition requirements for your instrument / voice.
- Dress appropriately (no jeans, athletic shoes, or T-shirts).
- Introduce yourself by name, instrument & current school (e.g: "Hello, my name is Gustav Holst & I am auditioning on Trombone. I currently attend Phoenix High School in Phoenix Arizona").
- Students performing outstanding auditions in multiple areas (e.g. jazz & brass) may be given preference.
- Scholarship awards will be applied to the recipient's Lane account at the beginning of Fall, Winter, and Spring terms.
- 1/3rd of the scholarship will be awarded Fall term
- Award of subsequent portions (Winter and Spring terms) will be subject to a review of the student's work.
- Students are expected to demonstrate leadership, integrity, academic and musical excellence.
- A review of a student's work to determine whether they may retain their scholarship for Winter and Spring terms will include criteria such as:
- GPA/academic performance
- Attendance and commitment
Applicants may audition in any of the categories listed in the Audition Requirements document above. Applicants are encouraged to submit auditions in multiple categories if applicable. For jazz applicants - the necessary Aebersold play-along tracks are also listed below.
Links to Music files:
- Slow Blues in F Concert
- Fast Blues in B flat Concert
- Fast Blues in F Concert
- Blues in B flat Concert
- Blues in F Concert
- Black Orpheus
If you have any questions, please contact Doug Doerfert (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Matt Svoboda (email@example.com).