What: Lane Community College ceremony honoring Lane veteran students and employees
When: Tuesday, Nov. 12, 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Where: 2nd Floor Lobby, Parnell Center (Center), Main Campus, 4000 E. 30th Ave., Eugene.
Background: Lane Community College will hold an honor ceremony to recognize students and employees who are veterans. This is the third year of veterans recognition events at Lane under the leadership of President Margaret Hamilton. Media are invited to cover the recognition ceremony.
- 11:30 a.m. Opening remarks by Greg Holmes, Lane employee and veteran.
Color Guard presentation
National anthem by Anne Ferguson, 16-year-old Lane music student
- 11:38 a.m. Comments by President Margaret Hamilton. Hamilton became Lane’s seventh president in July 2017. She is a passionate advocate for veterans and instituted the recognition events to honor students and employees at Lane who are veterans.
- 11:45 a.m. Comments by student Wesley Dicks, biology/pre-med student , who served in U.S. Marine Corps
- 11:56 a.m. Closing remarks by Greg Holmes.
- 12:30 p.m. Luncheon for student and employee veterans, Longhouse, Bldg. 30.
Remarks by President Margaret Hamilton and Maxwell Student Veterans Center staff.
For more information about Lane Community College:
Lane is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabilities Employer
Lane Community College educates over 25,000 students annually at six locations across Lane County and online. Students and alumni from all 50 states and 79 countries create more than an $850 million dollar impact on the local economy, helping to support more than 13,000 local jobs. Lane provides affordable, quality, professional technical and college transfer programs; business development and employee training; academic, language and life skills development; and lifelong personal development and enrichment courses.