Admissions for Non-Sponsored/Sponsored High School Students

Oregon high school students can join the Early College program at Lane to get a jump start on college. It's an opportunity for a current high school student to be on Lane's campus and earn college credit.

High School Students - Follow these Steps to Enroll:

Parents - please do not complete any step for your student.

Students - follow the steps below if you plan to take classes on Lane’s Campus under the Early College program (classes at Lane before high school graduation).

If you are being sponsored, your deadline may be earlier than Lane's deadlines. Please talk to your HS about their expectations.

Complete Application and FERPA Form to get Started

Complete Online Application

This application will give your student ID& (L#). It can take up to 5 days to process.

What if you already have an L#? You must submit this application to take part in the Early College program. Your L# will stay the same.

Application Tips:
  1. Social Security Number: If you plan to apply for financial aid (FAFSA) in the future, please enter your social security number
  2. A unique student email: It cannot be an email address that belongs to your parent(s) or another student
  3. Planned Program of Study: Choose the "Personal Enrichment" program of study option

Complete Online Application

Submit a HSC Early College FERPA form and Under 18 Consent Form

All new students must submit the HSC FERPA release form.

All students under age 18 will need a parent signature on a Under 18 Student and Parent/Guardian Consent form and submit it to Enrollment Services digital drop box after receiving your L# email.

FERPA Release Form

Complete In Any Order after your application is processed

Get vaccinated

While we've put our vaccination reporting system on hold for now, we'll soon be updating this page with new instructions on submitting your vaccination status and changes to our exemption framework. Find the latest information on our COVID-19 vaccination page.

Determine Placement Level

You must prove your writing level before advising and registration. Your HS counselor and the HSC Advisor may also require proof of your math level.

For writing: Our current policy is to place all students into WR 115 if they do not meet any of the below options.

Class of 2021: If you place into WR 115, submit the survey again after your first term of HS is over with your new HS GPA. A 3.00 GPA will put you into WR 121. This will save you time and money.

For math: If none of the below apply to you, you'll need to take the ALEKS placement test online.

Here are your options for determining your writing and math placement:

  • Your senior high school GPA after first term grades are posted (approximate) 2.00 GPA or higher is required
  • A writing course graded on a college transcript
  • Your Smarter Balanced (OAKS) English Language Arts (from the last 5 years) or Math score (from the last 2 years). If you don't remember your score, contact your high school
  • Your SAT scores from the last 5 years (Writing: 490+, Math: 510+ required). Look up SAT scores
  • Your ACT math scores from the last 2 years ( Math only: 22+ score). Look up ACT scores
  • Your Advanced Placement scores from the last 5 years, in any of English & Composition, AP Calculus AB, or AP Calculus BC. Look up AP Exam scores
  • Your International Baccalaureate Scores in English A Literature (Standard or High) or English A Literature & Language (Standard or High) from the last 5 years. Look up IB Exam scores

Enter scores into the Placement Survey


Activate Your Email Address in myLane

The link below will help you with activating your student email address. When communicating with LCC, you'll need to use this email address.

Activate my Student Email Address

Last Step Before Registration


Complete Academic Advising with the HSC Advisor

If you need more guidance on what classes to take or have questions, please reach out to the High School Connections Advisor, Brenda Williams. You will talk about:

Schedule a phone or zoom appointment with the HSC Advisor

Register For Classes and Get Textbooks

Learn how to register and receive online learning support