Departments are responsible for obtaining the grant and for program reporting activities such as outcomes and deliverables. Finance Grant Accountants are responsible for providing departments with assistance and guidance in the budgeting and spending of the grant monies as well as the financial reporting and invoicing to the funding agencies.
Department Checklist to Complete Prior to Contacting Finance Grant Accounting:
- Is the award document signed by all parties (funding source and LCC)?
- What would you like to name the project?
- What are the begin and end dates of the project?
- Where is the funding coming from: Federal? State? County? Other?
- What is the project number assigned by the funding source?
- What is the name of the funding agency?
- What is the total budget of the project?
- Is there a match component to the project?
- Who will be the departmental grant administrator?
- What are the LCC ORG’s for the project?
After those items are known please contact Finance Grants staff and they will to assist with preparing a budget change form.