Senior Programming and Elder Topics Spring Course Offerings
Living with the Aging Mind Series
This is a no-cost series, co-sponsored by Senior Programming/Lane Community College and Signature Home Health & Hospice of Eugene, being presented by Abby Gershenzon, Community Education Coordinator of Signature Hospice.
Class Times: Wednesdays 11am to 1pm - classes are currently being held online
April 27 - Aging Well: Drawing from medical science and the latest research, this program is designed to give practical tips to all those looking for ways to lower their risk for Alzheimer’s and other memory loss diseases.
May 4 - Practical Legal & Financial Plans: What are the legal and financial issues that may impact families and loved ones living with a dementia? How do you make decisions and put plans into place while honoring your loved one’s wishes? This presentation goes over it all.
May 11 - Bring Your Mind Back with Music and Art and When ‘Everything is Fine, Isn’t: The first program will explain how art and music can often be the best medicine for all of us as we age, especially those of us living with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia. The second program discusses how to respond when a loved one does not acknowledge the memory loss symptoms that you and others are recognizing.
Financial Wellness Classes
- Alquilando y Sus Derechos (Español), Thursday, 5:30-7:30pm, March 24
- Financial Foundations,Saturday, 9am-5pm, March 26
- Financial Foundations, M, Tu, W & Th, 11am-1pm, April 4, 5, 6, 7
- Financial Foundations, Tuesdays, 5:30-7:30pm, April 5, 12, 19, 26
- Homebuying Foundations, Wednesdays, 5:30-7:30pm, April 6, 13, 20, 27
- Homebuying Foundations, Saturday, 9am-5pm, April 9
- Student Debt, Wednesday, 5:30-7:30pm, April 13
- Fundaciones de Comprar Vivienda (Español), Saturday, 9am-5pm, April 16
- Investment Property, Saturday, 9am-2:30pm, April 16
- Wills & Advanced Directives, Wednesday, 5:30-7:30pm, April 20
- Financial Foundations, Saturday, 9am-5pm, April 23
- Social Security Planning, Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm, May 4
- FundacionesFinancieras (Español), Mondays, 5:30-7:30pm, May 2, 9, 16, 23
- Financial Foundations, Tuesdays, 5:30-7:30pm, May 3, 10, 17, 24
- Homebuying Foundations, Saturday, 9am-5pm, May 7
- Homebuying Foundations, M, T, W, Th,, 9am-11am, May 9, 10, 11, 12
- DIY Investing, Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm, May 11
- Inversión de DIY (Español), Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm, May 18
- Financial Foundations, Saturday, 9am-5pm, Saturday, 9am-5pm, May 21
- Renting & Your Rights, Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm, June 1
- Homebuying Foundations, Wednesdays, 5:30-7:30pm, June 1, 8, 15, 22
- Financial Foundations, Tuesdays, 5:30-7:30pm, June 7, 14, 21, 28
- Alquilando y Sus Derechos (Español), Wednesday, 5:30-7:30pm, June 8
*Class times subject to change.