Take a tuition-free course summer 2021 at Lane!
While you may still be stuck at home during the summer of 2021, you can use that extra time to get a jump start on your education! Lane will help you take that next step with one tuition-free class (fees are not included) this summer. For a 4-credit course, that’s a $480 savings!
What you need to know
- Eligibility: residents of Oregon who are members of the high school class of 2021 or 2022.
- All fees and textbook costs are your responsibility. It is estimated that you will pay at least $200. Payment plans are available in myLane. You can also take an OER class to save on textbook costs!
- This summer, classes are being taught remotely through Moodle and Zoom. Don’t worry - both are free. We’ll provide resources to get you ready before classes start.
- You’ll need to meet any prerequisites for the course you want to enroll in
- If you enroll in more than one course, the tuition for your highest credit course will be subtracted from your Lane account at the end of Week 2
- You can earn a tuition free course for spring or summer-not both. Students that drop spring term after Week 1 will not be eligible for the summer discount
All of the Steps to Enroll including registration in myLane and submitting the Request Form and registration must be done by the following deadlines:
- Summer term ( even if the course starts in July or August ) : Monday June 21st, by 5pm
Ready to get started?
If you are the class of 2021 and 2022, you're in the right place! Use the steps to enroll below to get started. If you have any questions along the way, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Steps to Enroll for Summer 2021
We recommend you bookmark this website to make sure you have completed all the necessary steps. Please read thoroughly and complete in this order.
Complete the Online Application
This application will give your student ID (L Number).
If you've already applied to Lane for summer or fall - please skip to the next step.
If you already have an L Number from College Now, you must submit this application to take part in the tuition free course program. Your L Number will stay the same.
- Social Security Number: While including your social security number is optional, if you plan to apply for financial aid (FAFSA) in the future, you'll want to provide it .
- A unique student email: It cannot be an email address that belongs to your parent(s) or another student
- If you’ll be graduating from high school as a part of the class of 2022: select " Personal Enrichment " as your planned program of study
What happens after you submit your application
- Within one to three business days, you’ll receive your L Number and myLane temporary password/Next Steps emails. Check your spam folder.
- That email will also include information on claiming your student email. Make sure to claim your my.lanecc.edu email in your myLane - it takes 2 minutes! You'll need that to submit the tuition-free request form.
Determine Your Course Placement Level
Course Placement can help you ensure you're successful in your classes. While some students require a placement test to help determine an appropriate Math and Writing placement, you may also be able to use your high school GPA, prior college courses, AP, or IB scores, Smarter Balance scores, or other measures to determine your placement.
If you're 17 or younger
If you are 17 or younger on June 21st, you will need to submit the under 18 form.
All students that are under the age of 18 when summer classes start are required to submit an Under 18 Student and Parent/Guardian Consent form to attend Lane. After signing, take a picture of it, and submit the picture to the Enrollment Services digital drop box (use your my.lanecc.edu account).
This form is a registration hold called the Signature hold in your myLane - myEnrollment tab - When Can I Register. It is required to be turned in before you can register.
Complete New Student Orientation and Register for Classes
This orientation will help you determine an appropriate course for summer term depending on your program of study. This takes about 20 minutes. Brenda Williams can answer any questions about the suggested classes after you complete it.
Class of 2021: Please check with the financial aid office on how this course will impact your aid for the 21-22 academic year if you choose to attend summer term.
Submit Tuition-Free Request Form
We want to make sure you don’t miss out on this tuition-free course. This is the most important step. You will need your my.lanecc.edu email address to sign the form; claim your student email in your myLane. The form is due by:
- Monday June 21st for your summer 2021 term.
If you're taking a 4 credit course this summer, taking 2 minutes to submit this form will save you $480 dollars! You must use your my.lanecc.edu email account to submit this form.