ESL Medical English
ESL is excited to offer a new class for English Language Learners interested in careers in the Health Professions starting spring term 2020!
The ESL Medical English class focuses on learning Medical English in order to prepare non-native speakers of English to enter training or careers in the Healthcare Industry. The focus is on careers that require less than 2 years of training with a special focus on exploring opportunities to study at LCC. The class will help students improve language skills in the context of healthcare. Students will also learn study skills, digital literacy skills, and communication skills that lead to career and academic success. The course will include an introduction to essential medical terms and introductory anatomy and physiology, practice in workplace communications, including emails, and patient-provider interactions and conversation. CPR and First Aid Training will also be included.
Eligibility (Resident Students Only)
- Current Students:
- Completion of ESL Level D Writing and Grammar and Level D Reading and Oral Skills with a grade of B-or higher.
- Students new to LCC program, transfers from CEP or returning after more than a year:
- Must take ESL Accuplacer and attain an IEP ESL Program Placement into Level E.
- Mon -Thur 9:00-11:20 AM at the Main Campus
- $32 for 11 weeks of instruction
Please contact the ESL office at (541) 463-5253 or the instructor, Nancy Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.