About Child and Family Education
"It takes a whole village to raise a child Raise her up, Raise him up. It takes a whole village to raise a child Growing healthy, Growing whole." - An African poem
The Child and Family Education Department provides a whole village of support for children and families by providing quality child care, resource and referral services, and early childhood education instruction to staff, students and the community.
High Quality Services
- Ensure that the system of child and family services and early childhood instruction, support student, family and community needs.
- Provide families with information and support to make appropriate choices for their child.
- Promote and support the development of a quality child care system.
- Assess and evaluate services to measure progress toward outcomes that will result in program and instructional improvements.
High Quality Service Delivery
- Provide programs that are developmentally appropriate in accordance with standards of the field.
- Provide excellent experiences for young children that address all aspects of child's development and provide a solid foundation for learning.
- Provide affordability strategies for services to accommodate Lane students and community families.
- Provide programs and services that acknowledge and respect family and individual differences.
- Collaborate with community programs ad services, including interagency referrals, to meet children's needs and respect family differences.
- Ensure that teacher training programs are state-of-the-art and are based upon current knowledge of child development theories and best practices in early care and education.
- Employ staff that has the education, experience and professional commitment necessary to meet the needs of children, adult students and families.
- Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders to maximize delivery of services.
- Provide leadership in policy decision making through involvement in professional affiliations, community outreach and community activities.
- Maximize resources through coordination and efficiency of service delivery.
- Manage resources responsibly and accurately account for their use.