For Oregon State Registered Apprentices only
Welcome to Fall Term 2019
We are pleased to continue offering related training classes as part of your apprenticeship program.
- Apprenticeship Class Schedule (subject to change)
New Student Admissions Application deadline is Friday, September 20, 2019.
Registration begins May 2019. See registration dates and times.
Registration deadline is Friday, October 4, 2019.
Fall term classes begin the week of Monday, September 30, 2019.
Get started - steps to enroll
Step 1: Admissions
New Credit Students - complete admissions application on Lane's website.
Note: Select the program of study "Taking Credit Classes No Degree or Transfer-No Fin Aid". Apprenticeship classes are not financial-aid eligible. If you decide to pursue the AAS degree or Certificate, you can change your program at a later date.
Once you have completed your admissions online, you will receive three emails:
- A confirmation email stating that we have received your admission form.
- An email 1-2 business days later with your L number (student ID number).
- An email with your temporary password to log into myLane, our online student portal.
Returning Credit Students - Continue with the registration process below, (Step 6).
All outstanding balances at Lane must be paid in full in order to register for current term.
Step 2: Sponsored Accounts
If your employer is sponsoring your apprenticeship classes, refer to the Sponsored Accounts website.
Step 3: Placement testing
- Placement testing is required for the following trades:
- Inside Electrician (math)
- Limited Maintenance Electrician (math)
- Manufacturing Plant Electrician (math)
- Millwrights (reading & math)
- All degree-seeking students
- You must have your student L# before scheduling a testing appointment on the Testing Office website.
- The placement testing deadline for fall term is Tuesday, September 24th.
Step 4: Claim your student email account
Your Lane student email account will be the primary way we communicate with you. Please claim your account.
Step 5: Complete the New Student Information Session.
- Once you have your L Number, complete the New Student Information Session (NSIS). This short, online module will help you learn about college processes including registration, support services, and college policies and procedures. (Completing NSIS can take around 30 minutes). A registration hold will be on your account until the Information session has been completed.
- Please be sure that you have logged into myLane at least once before starting the NSIS. If you have not signed into myLane at least once you may have to come back and take the NSIS a second time in order to clear your hold.
- If you decide to enroll in other credit courses later (not apprenticeship), a Start Right Advising session is required.
Step 6: Register for classes
Registration Deadline-Friday, October 4th.
- Login to myLane on Lane's website and click on the myEnrollment tab.
- Click on Registration.
- Login to Lane CAS.
- Click on Register for classes.
- Select the term and continue.
- In the next screen, click on the tab at the top "Enter CRNs". Enter the course CRN# in the blank box and click "Add to Summary" and then "Submit" at the bottom of the page to complete registration.
Step 7: Complete and Return the Student Information release form
Complete and return the Student Information release form to the Apprenticeship Office: