For Oregon State Registered Apprentices only
Welcome to Fall Term 2018
We are pleased to continue offering related training classes as part of your apprenticeship program.
Open registration begins on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
Registration deadline is Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
Fall term classes begin the week of Monday, September 24, 2018.
Get started - steps to enroll
Step 1: Admissions
New Credit Students - complete admissions application on LaneCC website.
Note: Select the program of study "Taking Credit Classes No Degree or Transfer-No Fin Aid" to register for apprenticeship classes. Apprenticeship classes are not financial-aid eligible. You can change your program of study at a later date, if you decide to pursue the AAS degree or Certificate of Completion.
- You must have an email address before completing the online form.
- Receive your Lane identification number (L#).
- Receive your temporary myLane password for use in Step 4 below.
Returning Credit Students - Continue with the registration process below, (Step 6).
All outstanding balances at Lane must be paid in full in order to register for current term.
Step 2: Sponsored Accounts
If your employer is sponsoring your apprenticeship classes, refer to the Sponsored Accounts website.
Step 3: Placement testing
- Placement testing is required for the following trades:
- Inside Electrician (math)
- Limited Maintenance Electrician (math)
- Manufacturing Plant Electrician (math)
- Millwrights (reading & math)
- All degree-seeking students
- You must have your student L# before scheduling a testing appointment on the Testing Office website.
- The placement testing deadline for fall term is Wednesday, September 19th.
Step 4: Claim your student email account
Your Lane student email account will be the primary way we communicate with you. Please claim your account.
Step 5: Initiate your MyLane account and complete the New Student Information Session.
--Deadline to complete is Wednesday, September 19th.
- Using your temporary password from Step 1, log into myLane and complete the online New Student Information Session. (This process may take 1-1.5 hrs to complete). A registration hold will be on your account until the Information session has been completed.
- If you decide to enroll in other credit courses later (not apprenticeship), a Start Right Advising session is required.
Step 6: Register for classes
Open registration for ALL credit students is Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
- Login to myLane on Lane's website and click on the myEnrollment tab.
- Click on Register Here.
- Click on Register for classes.
- Select the term and continue.
- In the next screen, click on the tab at the top "Enter CRNs". Enter the course CRN# in the blank box and click "Add to Summary" and then "Submit" at the bottom of the page to complete registration.
Step 7: Complete and Return the Student Information release form
Complete and return the Student Information release form to the Apprenticeship Office: