For Oregon State Registered Apprentices only
Coronavirus Information (COVID-19) - Updates
Welcome to Spring Term 2020
We are pleased to continue offering related training classes as part of your apprenticeship program.
New Admissions Application deadline is Friday, April 3, 2020.
Registration begins February 2020. See registration dates and times.
Registration deadline is Friday, April 10, 2020.
Spring Term Start Delay
The start of spring term will be delayed by one week and will begin April 6th. The end of spring term will not change. Spring term will be April 6th through June 13th. All instruction will be delivered by remote methods only.
Get started - steps to enroll
Step 1: Admissions
New Credit Students - complete admissions application on Lane's website.
Note: Select the program of study "Taking Credit Classes No Degree or Transfer-No Fin Aid". Apprenticeship classes are not financial-aid eligible. If you decide to pursue the AAS degree or Certificate, you can change your program at a later date.
Once you have completed your admissions online, you will receive three emails:
- A confirmation email stating that we have received your admission form.
- An email 1-2 business days later with your L number (student ID number).
- An email with your temporary password to log into myLane, our online student portal.
Returning Credit Students - Continue with the registration process below, (Step 5).
All outstanding balances at Lane must be paid in full in order to register for current term.
Step 2: Sponsored Accounts
If your employer is sponsoring your apprenticeship classes, refer to the Sponsored Accounts website.
Step 3: Placement testing
- Placement testing is required for the following trades:
- Inside Electrician (math)
- Limited Maintenance Electrician (math)
- Manufacturing Plant Electrician (math)
- Millwrights (reading & math)
- All degree-seeking students
- You must have your student L# before scheduling a testing appointment on the Testing Office website.
- The placement testing deadline for spring term is Friday, April 3rd.
Step 4: Claim your student email account
Your Lane student email account will be the primary way we communicate with you. Please claim your account.
Step 5: Register for classes
Registration Deadline-Friday, April 10, 2020.
- Login to myLane on Lane's website and click on the myEnrollment tab.
- Click on Registration.
- Login to Lane CAS.
- Click on Register for classes.
- Select the term and continue.
- In the next screen, click on the tab at the top "Enter CRNs". Enter the course CRN# in the blank box and click "Add to Summary" and then "Submit" at the bottom of the page to complete registration.
Step 6: Complete and Return the Student Information release form
Complete and return the Student Information release form to the Apprenticeship Office: