What is Graduation?
Graduation is the certifying of degrees and certificates.
What is Commencement?
Commencement is the annual ceremony Lane has for all graduates who complete their degrees during the year. The commencement ceremony is held in June.
Commencement details are available on the Student Life and Leadership site.
Your name will appear in the Commencement Program if you were awarded your degrees and/or certificates from May 16, 2018 through April 28, 2019, or have been cleared to graduate Spring 2019 by the Commencement Program deadline.
If you are completing your degree and/or certificate after Spring 2019 you may still participate in the Commencement Ceremony; however, your name will not appear in the 2018-19 Commencement Program. Please do not fill out the degree application unless you will complete your degree by Spring 2019.
Graduation Information and Application
Apply for graduation in myLane, for the term you have registered for all courses required to complete your degree and/or certificate.
After logging into your myLane account, choose the myGradPlan/Graduation tab. Complete all fields on the Graduation Application, review the information, and then Submit.
When To Apply:
- Summer 2018 - June 17 - September 15, 2018
- Fall 2018 - September 16 - December 8, 2018
- Winter 2019 - December 9, 2018 - March 23, 2019
- Spring 2019 - March 24 - June 15, 2019
The deadline to apply for the Commencement booklet will be before April 28, 2018.
If you completed your degree(s) and/or certificate(s) prior to the dates listed above, please send a request to: email@example.com
When Degree Will Show on Transcript:
Degree Audit takes 15 – 20 business days once grades have been posted.
Requirements Before Submitting Application:
Before submitting your application for graduation, please make sure that you have:
- Fulfilled all admissions requirements prior to the Graduation Application Deadline (i.e. submitted all official transcripts: prior institutions, CLEP scores, Advanced Placement, military, etc.). Important for Transfer students: You must earn at least 24 degree credits at Lane.
- Completed or be registered for all coursework required for your degree(s) and/or certificate(s). Review your myGradPlan online through your myLane account and/or meet with an Advising Team to verify that you have met or will meet your degree requirements.
- Verified that the address in your myLane account is current and that your Program of Study and catalog year are accurate. If necessary, update your Program of Study and/or catalog year information Before you apply for graduation.
Diplomas are ordered four times a year:
First week of October
Second week of January
Second week of April
Second week of July
- Diplomas will arrive 4-6 weeks after the order date.
- Diplomas are automatically mailed to the address on file in myLane, so please make sure this address is correct.
- There is a $10 fee for each additional diploma (use the Application for Duplicate/Additional Diplomas form on the ESFS forms page)