What is Graduation?
Graduation is the certifying of degrees and certificates.
What is Commencement?
Commencement is the annual ceremony Lane has for the graduates it certifies throughout the year. The commencement ceremony is usually held in June. Commencement details are available on the Student Life and Leadership site.
Your name will appear in the Commencement Program if you were awarded your degrees and/or certificates during Summer 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2016, or have been cleared to graduate Spring 2016. Deadline to submit
If you are completing your degrees and/or certificates after Spring 2016 you may participate in the 2016 commencement ceremony. However, your name will not appear in the 2015-16 Commencement Program. Please do not fill out the degree application.
Graduation Information and Application
Apply for graduation in myLane, for the term you have registered for all courses required to complete your degree and/or certificate.
After logging into your myLane account, choose the myGradPlan/Graduation tab. Complete all fields on the Graduation Application, review the information, and then Submit.
When To Apply:
Summer 2015: closed
Fall 2015: closed
Winter 2016: closed
Spring 2016: March 28th - June 19th
Apply by May 9th 2016 to have your name in the Commencement Booklet.
If your graduation was prior to Summer 2015 send a request to: email@example.com
Degree Audit, posting your degree to your transcript, takes 15 – 20 business days once grades have been posted.
Before submitting your application for graduation, please make sure that you have:
- Fulfilled all admissions requirements prior to the Graduation Application Deadline (i.e. submitted all official transcripts: prior institutions, CLEP scores, Advanced Placement, military, etc.).
- Completed or be registered for all coursework required for your degree and/or certificate. Review your myGradPlan online through your myLane account and/or meet with an Advising Team to verify that you have met or will meet your degree requirements.
- Verified that the address in your myLane account is current and that your Program of Study and catalog year are accurate. If necessary, update your Program of Study and/or catalog year information BEFORE you apply for graduation.
Diplomas are ordered four times a year:
First week of October
Second week of January
Second week of April
Second week of July
- Diplomas will arrivey 4-6 weeks after the order date.
- Diplomas are automatically mailed to the address on file in myLane, so please make sure this address is correct.
- There is a $10 fee for each additional diploma (use the Application for Duplicate/Additional Diplomas form on the ESFS forms page)