What is Graduation?
Graduation is the certifying of degrees and certificates.
What is Commencement?
Commencement is the annual ceremony Lane has for all graduates who complete their degrees during the year. The commencement ceremony is held in June.
Commencement details are available on the Student Life and Leadership site.
Graduation Information and Application
Apply for graduation in ExpressLane, for the term you have registered for all courses required to complete your degree and/or certificate.
After logging into your ExpressLane account, choose the myEnrollment tab, then Student Records. The Graduation Application is at the bottom of the list on that page. Complete all fields on the Graduation Application, review the information, and then Submit.
When To Apply:
2021-22 Deadlines to apply for Degree or Certificate:
- Summer 2021: 06/13/21 – 09/11/21
- Fall 2021: 09/12/21 – 12/11/21
- Winter 2022: 12/12/21 – 03/19/22
- Spring 2022: 03/20/22 – 06/11/22
Important: Students must apply prior to April 24, 2022 to be included in the Commencement Program.
If you completed your degree(s) and/or certificate(s) requirements prior to the term in which you are applying, please send a request to: email@example.com
When Degree Will Show on Transcript:
Degree Audit takes 15 – 20 business days once grades have been posted.
Requirements Before Submitting Application:
Before submitting your application for graduation, please make sure that you have:
- Fulfilled all requirements prior to the Graduation Application Deadline (i.e. submitted all official transcripts: prior institutions, CLEP scores, Advanced Placement, military, etc.). Important for Transfer students: You must earn at least 24 degree credits at Lane.
- Completed or be registered for all coursework required for your degree(s) and/or certificate(s). Review your myGradPlan online through your myLane account and/or meet with an Advising Team to verify that you have met or will meet your degree requirements.
- Verified that the address in your myLane account is current and that your Program of Study and catalog year are accurate. If necessary, update your Program of Study and/or catalog year information before you apply for graduation.
Diplomas are ordered four times a year:
First week of October
Second week of January
Second week of April
Second week of July
- Diplomas will arrive 4-6 weeks after the order date.
- Diplomas are automatically mailed to the address on file in myLane, so please make sure this address is correct.
- There is a $10 fee for each additional diploma (use the Application for Duplicate/Additional Diplomas form on the ESFS forms page)