We've compiled some excellent resources to help students and graduates plan effective job searches and look for employment. As you use these resources, implement strategies that will help you provide for your immediate employment needs, while taking steps toward your longer term career goals.
Job Postings (and job search strategies too!)
- Lane Job Connection - Browse job postings targeted toward Lane students and graduates.
Select "Job Seekers" and then use the "Find A Job" link to focus your search.
- Lane Employment Online - Browse current postings for jobs at Lane Community College; find guidance and tips for applicants.
- WorkSource Oregon - Browse job listings by keyword and location. Enter the keyword "immediate need" to find employers who are actively recruiting to fill critical staffing shortages.
- Oregon Employment Department - Search for jobs, as well as research occupations, industries, and employers.
- Goodwill Industries' Job Connections - Access to local job postings, plus assistance with all aspects of the job search by online appointments, phone, and email.
- Indeed.com - Search for jobs by keywords and locations, post resumes, and research companies and salaries.
- Mac's List - This site is based in Portland; use keywords, location, and salary range to search for jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities all over the Pacific Northwest.
- LinkedIn - Make connections in the world's largest professional network; search for jobs and internships.
- idealist - Find jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities by keyword and location in the non-profit sector.
- CoolWorks - Search for seasonal jobs "in great places" all over the U.S. and the world.
- How to Find Remote, Online, and Gig Work...from Zippia.com - Browse remote, work from home, online, and telecommute postings, plus a comprehensive guide for finding remote work.
Tips for Effective Resumes, Cover Letters, Job Interviews, Job Search Strategies, Networking, and Social Media
- WorkSource Lane - Connect with career advisors for job search assistance, resources, and services.
- Career Coach - Use the Resume Builder to create your resume, while exploring Lane's programs and related occupations.
- CareerOneStop's Resume Guide - A step-by-step plan for writing, formatting, and marketing your resume, including tips for online resumes and sample resumes.
- LinkedIn's Job Search Guide - Insights on career assessments, networking, optimizing your LinkedIn profile, finding jobs, interviewing, and more.
- Indeed's Career Guide - Articles and advice on finding a job, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, starting a new job, and more.
- Mac's List Job Search Guide - Browse podcasts and articles on networking, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, salary negotiation, and more.
- Applicant Tracking Systems - This links to a series of articles from Mac's List related to understanding Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and how to prepare your resume to "get through" an initial computer scan that looks for keywords.