Fall Term Announcement
The Pharmacy Technician Course
will be offered online for Fall Term 2020.
Registration begins September 8 at 7:00am.
Lane Community College is a
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Recognized Education/Training Program
Do you want an in-demand career where you can take pride in working
directly with patients to deliver medications and provide excellent
What does a Pharmacy Technician do?
- Process and handle medications and instruct patients in their use
- Review prescription requests with doctors' offices and insurance companies to ensure accuracy and payment
- Manage pharmaceutical inventory, health records, ordering and billing
The number of jobs for pharmacy technicians is expected to increase by 20 percent between 2012 and 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Demand for qualified healthcare professionals is growing as the baby boomer population ages, seeking medications to treat common ailments, and as new prescription drugs are approved and released to the American public.
Lane Community College’s Pharmacy Technician course is a two-term course, which prepares Students to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) national exam to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician in Oregon. Lane Community College offers successful completers an opportunity to do a work experience (Co-op) in a local Pharmacy.
The cost for the Pharmacy Technician course is $429 per term.
Registered students need to call 1-800-348-3777 to order the textbook and optional workbook. If purchased as a bundle you will save 10%. Tell the person answering the phone that you are taking a class at Lane Community College.
- Visit ce.lanecc.edu to set up a profile and register for class. If you have already created a profile, go to step 8.
- Click "Create a New Profile" and fill out the form
- You must fill in all boxes that have an asterisk
- Your L number is not required
- Use your email address for your username
- Create a password of your choice
- Once your profile has been set up you are ready to register
- Search for a class by clicking "courses" in the left hand column or in the search field on the upper right of the page
- Add your class to the shopping cart and checkout to finalize your registration
Cooperative Education (co-op) offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through co-op, students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and make contacts for the future. Work schedules and work sites vary. Students must pass a background check, drug screen, have personal health insurance and have current immunizations to be eligible.