A student must live in Oregon 90 days prior to the first day of the term to be considered a resident. However, students may not claim residency in more than one state. Students who are receiving an Alaskan loan or a loan and/or scholarship from another state or organization need to retain permanent residence in the state of origin.

Residents of states bordering Oregon (California, Idaho, Nevada, and Washington) are assessed in-state tuition.

To request Oregon residency at Lane, you must complete the Request for Residency Change form, found on the Enrollment Services Forms menu, with appropriate documentation, at Enrollment Services, prior to the beginning of the term for which you wish to be considered a resident.  Forms submitted once a term has begun can be used to request residency for the following term.

Any of the following items may be used to verify your Oregon state residency. DD214, Military I.D. or Military Dependent I.D., pay records from an Oregon business, checking or savings accounts showing activity, medical statements from a local doctor or hospital, Social Service agency records, or an Oregon drivers license. Any of these items must show the applicants name, Oregon address, and must be dated. We do not accept rent or lease agreements.

Some programs in the Health Professions Division may have different residency requirements. Please review the online application to those programs for more information.