League for Innovation Publications & iStream
The League publishes monographs, abstracts, special reports, white papers, and newsletters that feature innovative practices in the community college and updates on League initiatives and projects. Through Lane's membership in the League all of these publications are available, many at no cost.
Monthly electronic publications available from the League include: Learning Abstracts, a series that fosters continuing "conversations on learning" and chronicles the efforts of community colleges that are moving toward becoming more learning-centered institutions; Leadership Abstracts, a series that explores key leadership issues in the community college; League Connections (accessed through subscription on the League's website), the League's digital newsletter with information on all League activities, and Innovation Showcase, a digital newsletter featuring innovative community college programs, practices, facilities and partnerships that connect the college with its community and with local enterprise.
In addition the League produces iStream a portal-based, multimedia resource that brings the best of the League's conferences, publications, services, partnerships, and networking to everyone on campus at no additional cost. Through iStream Lane employees have access to videostreamed conference keynotes and special sessions, and free unlimited access to all League books, monographs, and publications in digital format. To access iStream click this link and it will take you to the iStream home page. Set up a free account using the "Create New iStream User Account" on the right side of the screen.
All publications listed below can be checked out from Lane Community College's library from the regular collection.
- Access In The Information Age: Community Colleges Bridging The Digital Divide / edited By Gerardo E. De Los Santos, Alfredo G. De Los Santos, Jr., Mark David Milliron 2001
- The American Community College: Nexus For Workforce Development / Robert H. McCabe, Editor 1997
- Collaborative Learning 101 / K. Patricia Cross (The Cross Papers #4) 2000
- Common Ground: Exemplary Community College And Corporate Partnerships / Larry Johnson, Ed 1996
- Community College Innovations In Workforce Preparation: Curriculum Integration And Tech-Prep / W. Norton Grubb ... [et al.] 1996
- Developmental Education: A Twenty-First Century Social And Economic Imperative / Robert H. McCabe And Philip R. Day, Jr., Editors 1998
- Faculty Guide For Moving Teaching And Learning To The Web / Judith V. Boettcher, Rita-Marie Conrad 1999
- How To Do More With Less : Community College Innovations To Increase Efficiency And Reduce Costs / Brenda Beckman, ed 1996
- Meeting The Challenge: Final Report Of The Computer-Based Developmental Education Project 1996
- Motivation: Er... Will That Be On The Test? / K. Patricia Cross (The Cross Papers #5) 2001
- Opening Windows On Learning / K. Patricia Cross (The Cross Papers #2) 1998
- Taking A Big Picture Look @ Technology, Learning, And The Community College / edited By Mark David Milliron & Cindy L. Miles 2000
- Teaching At A Distance: A Handbook For Instructors / [Authors: Mary Boaz ... [Et Al.]] 1999
- Technology, Learning, & Community (TLC): Perspectives From Teaching Excellence Award Recipients / Mark David Milliron, Cindy L. Miles 1998
- To Teach With Soft Eyes: Reflections On A Teacher/Leader Formation Experience / Richland College, Dallas County Community College District ; Rica Garcia, Editor 2000
- Workforce, Economic, And Community Development: The Changing Landscape Of The Entrepreneurial Community College / W. Norton Grubb ... [Et Al.] 1997