Volunteer Reader Opportunity
Volunteer Scholarship Readers Needed.
This year the Lane Community Foundation will be awarding $750,000 in scholarships to our students
We rely on a caring, dedicated team of individuals to help us review student applications. This is a meaningful volunteer opportunity and our readers truly enjoy the process.
Here is an overview of what to expect.
- Review online applications from your home, on your own schedule!
- Access online applications with PC or MAC computers.
- Computers should be current. Volunteers will need to download Adobe Reader to access application documents (No cost version available on the internet).
- Attend one 90-minute orientation on Lane’s Main Campus in mid-March.
- Orientations provide instructions for using the online software and our review criteria.
- This volunteer opportunity is extended to individuals living in the local Eugene/Springfield area.
- Read approximately 40 applications.
- Completing your review will take approximately 25-30 hours.
- You will have approximately one month to complete your review.
- Orientations and review take place during the months of March and April.
For more information about this volunteer opportunty
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Scholarship Reader, please complete our form.