Volunteer Scholarship Reader Opportunity
This 2017-18 academic year, the Lane Community Foundation will be awarding $800,000 in scholarships to our students.
We rely on a caring, dedicated team of individuals to help us review student applications. This is a meaningful volunteer opportunity and our readers truly enjoy the process.
All reviewers are required to attend one orientation & training session, in person, at Lane Community College's main campus located in Eugene, Oregon. Because of this requirement, volunteers are typically residents of Lane County. The orientation & traning sessions are generally held mid-March each year.
What To Expect
- Review online applications from your home, on your own schedule!
- Access online applications with PC or MAC computers.
- Computers should be current. Volunteers will need to download Adobe Reader to access application documents (No cost version available on the internet).
- Attend one 90-minute orientation and training session on Lane’s Main Campus held mid-March to early April.
- Orientations provide instructions for using the online software and our review criteria.
- Read approximately 40 applications.
- Completing your review will take approximately 25-30 hours.
- You will have approximately one month to complete your review.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Scholarship Reader, please click the button below to complete our form.