Volunteer Reader Opportunity
Volunteer Scholarship Readers Needed.
This year the Lane Community Foundation will be awarding $800,000 in scholarships to our students
We rely on a caring, dedicated team of individuals to help us review student applications. This is a meaningful volunteer opportunity and our readers truly enjoy the process.
All reviewers are required to attend in-person, orientation and training sessions on the main campus of Lane Community College located in Eugene, Oregon. Because of this requirement, volunteers are typically residents of Lane County.
Here is an overview of what to expect.
- Review online applications from your home, on your own schedule!
- Access online applications with PC or MAC computers.
- Computers should be current. Volunteers will need to download Adobe Reader to access application documents (No cost version available on the internet).
- Attend one 90-minute orientation on Lane’s Main Campus in mid-March.
- Orientations provide instructions for using the online software and our review criteria.
- Read approximately 40 applications.
- Completing your review will take approximately 25-30 hours.
- You will have approximately one month to complete your review.
- Orientations and review take place during the months of March and April.
For more information about this volunteer opportunty
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Scholarship Reader, please complete our form.