Mission, Vision and Goals
Our Multicultural Center (MCC) promotes student success through a cultural, academic and social framework in collaboration with college and community partners.
Statement of Principles:
Instructional offerings, programs and events will focus on:
- Social justice
- Addressing issues and concerns of race, culture and ethnicity
- The development of culturally relevant and appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities
- Alignment with college mission, vision, diversity plan and strategic directions
- Understand the relationship and responsibility between self, others and the community
- Understand oppressive systems
- Exercise leadership in different cultural contexts
- Develop competency in navigating institutional systems
- Develop an honest and authentic sense of self
- Demonstrate cross cultural understanding and cultural competency
Student Life/Student Worker Learning Outcomes
- Service: Acquire and/or enhance skills to treat others with respect and courtesy, while continuously striving to meet student/staff needs.
- Critical thinking skills: Acquire and/or enhance skills to guide personal beliefs and actions through observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication.
- Interpersonal and group skills: Acquire and/or enhance skills to produce mutual benefits so that all group members gain from each other's efforts.
- Teamwork: Acquire and/or enhance skills to enhance the workplace through collaborations with other employees.
- Professional skills: Acquire and/or enhance professional workforce skills through trainings and daily work procedures.
- Appreciation and understanding of differences: Acquire and/or enhance a strong understanding and appreciation of diverse populations through interactions and exposure to growth opportunities.
- Open communication: Acquire and/or enhance skills to approach reasonable topics and hold discussions leading to resolution.
Reviewed on December 1, 2017