Sigma Chi Eta Honor Society
Sigma Chi Eta (SCH) is the official community college honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Lane’ Beta Delta chapter is the first, and only, Sigma Chi Eta chapter in the state of Oregon.
Sigma Chi Eta Goals
Our goals are to:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
- Explore options for further undergraduate/graduate studies.
Sigma Chi Eta Admission
To be eligible for admission:
- Completed 18 credit ours of course work (at Lane, a transfer institution, or through life-long learning credit)
- Completed 12 credits hours of communication courses
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
If you are eligible and interested in becoming a member, we would love to honor your accomplishments. Complete the application and return it to the LLC office, main campus, Center Building, Room 457.
2018-2019 Sigma Chi Eta Happenings:
2017-2018 Sigma Chi Eta Induction Ceremony
Sigma Chi Eta members Flint Du Tell, Loretta Edmisson, Keri Gilbert, and Sarah Mackenzie were inducted as new members to Lane's Beta Delta chapter on Friday, June 8th. To become members of the honor society, students must have completed 18 or more credits, 12 or more credits in Communication courses, and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Sigma Chi Eta is the official honor society of the National Communication Association for two-year institutions and Lane's Beta Delta chapter is the only chapter in the state of Oregon.
Congratulations Flint, Loretta, Keri, and Sarah!