Documents & Links
The 4th Annual 90by30 Conference March 11, 2016
The Strengthening Communities Institute March 12, 2016
The first-ever joint Institute with LCC's Family Connections of Lane and Douglas Counties will be held at the Lane Community College Center for Meeting and Learning.
- Judy Langford, Associate Director of the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP), will present at both events on the history and development of CSSP's Protective Factor Framework, which helps families succeed and thrive even in the face of risks and challenges.
- At the Conference, the next installment of 90by30's "What Would We Do Lane County?" video project will suggest creative, proactive responses to the real-life dilemmas examined at last year's Conference.
- At the Institute, local keynote presenter Elaine Walters, Director of the Trauma Healing Project, will discuss building resilience as a tool for prevention. Attendees will select one protective factor to explore more deeply in a two-hour training session.
- Local arts, music and poetry will inspire us to play our part in creating safe and nurturing communities for all children.
- An interactive "Play Your Part" segment will bring together 90by30 and Family Connections attendees to create a county-wide movement in which every person and group has a way to support children and families.
"We believe there is a role for each of us to end child abuse."
For session and presenter information, please see the following detailed schedules.
Both events meet the standards for Office of Child Care Training Hours.
90 by 30 has generously offered a special discount for the child care community $35 a day includes 6 hours of training, breakfast, lunch and incredible content.
Family Connections of Lane and Douglas Counties is YOUR source for information about child care.
Trained consultants match parents' child care needs with possible providers. Included in the initial consultation are a list of referrals, information about choosing quality child care, and other child care related resources.
Best of all, it is a FREE service.
Interested in becoming a child care provider?
Our staff will assist you in starting and maintaining your child care business. We offer training, support, pathways to licensure, a referral database to market your business and a quarterly newsletter.
Already a child care provider?
Family Connections can refer your child care program to parents looking for care. Your free listing will provide you with resources, support, and training to assist you in maintaining and developing a child care program.