Grade Point Average for Honors
Honors students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and an honors GPA of 3.0 for all honors courses. Students who fall below these minimums must meet with the honors coordinator to develop a plan. Then the student has two terms to bring their GPA back up.
Grades Earned in Honors Classes
All honors classes and options must be taken for a letter grade. The minimum grade acceptable for honors classes is a C-. However, students must earn a B in WR 121 or WR 121_H in order to enroll in the Honors Invitation to Inquiry Seminar (HON 201_H). Likewise, students must earn a B in HON 201_H to enroll in the Honors Capstone Seminar (HON 202_H).
To successfully complete the Honors Program, students must:
- Attend an Honors Program orientation
- Complete four honors classes and/or options
- Complete two honors seminars (four credits each)
- Honors Invitation to Inquiry Seminar (HON 201_H)
- Honors Capstone Seminar (HON 202_H)
- Complete the experiential learning component
- Develop and maintain an ePortfolio
- Complete an Honors Program Exit Survey before you graduate or transfer