Lane Community College Resources
Remember that while the internet offers many resources for both professionals and patients, clinical decisions should not be based on information found online. Please call us if you have a medical question and wish to make an appointment.
Medical Assistance Resources
- Financial Assistance for Quest Labs
- Oregon Health Plan
- Volunteers in Medicine
- Occupy Medical
- White Bird Medical Clinic
General Health and Self Care Information
- Go Ask Alice!: College Health advise forum from Columbia University
- Medline Plus: Reliable information on symptoms, medications, health topics and more
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oregon Health Authority
Sexual Health Information and Affordable STD Testing
- Mental Health and Wellness Center
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- The Trevor Project: Suicide prevention line for LGBTQ youth
Addiction Support Services
- Oregon Tobacco Quit Line
- Willamette Valley Rapid Access Center
- Serenity Lane
- Oregon Alcoholics Anonymous
- Lane County Narcotics Anonymous
Does Lane offer student Health Insurance?
Lane does not offer health insurance to students. Please visit the Oregon Healthcare website for information on applying for health insurance in Oregon.
Lane does offer the services of a Health Clinic on the main campus to all credit students. The Health Clinic offers care for many acute and chronic illnesses. Some services are at no cost and some are offered at a reduced cost. It is very strongly recommended that every student and employee of Lane has health insurance. Even at the Health Clinic, services such as immunizations, minor surgery, and lab testing are not without cost to the patient. And all specialty, hospital, and emergency department visits can be both necessary and very expensive.