Construct Your Future!
Getting Started in Apprenticeship...
- Getting Started Flyer
- Register for Pre-Apprenticeship classes at Lane.
- Contact trade coordinator for trade of interest and check for current openings.
- Pursue an AAS Degree or Certificate of Completion once you have completed your apprenticeship program.
The program descriptions below provide information about those specific degrees. Complete degree information is available in the online catalog.
- Construction Trades, General Apprenticeship
- Electrician Apprenticeship Technologies
- Limited Electrician Apprenticeship Technologies
- Industrial Mechanics & Maintenance Technology Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship Program - Related Links
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Apprentices learn the aspects of a highly skilled profession through on-the-job training and related classroom instruction, while being sponsored by individual employers. There's a wide range of occupations available, from carpenter to electrician. Apprenticeships usually last 2 to 4 years with a minimum of 144 hours of related training required per year for most trades.
Generally, minimum qualifications for an apprenticeship include a high school diploma or GED, minimum of a 'C' grade for one year of high school algebra (or equivalent Math 60/65, or Math 70), and applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Introduction to Registered Apprenticeship in Oregon
Benefits of Apprenticeship include:
- Paid employment during training with progressive wage increases
- Opportunity to learn skills needed by employers throughout the industry
- A more secure career and the ability to adapt to new job requirements
- Credit towards an AAS degree or Certificate for completion of apprenticeship program
Program Cost Estimate - 2020-21
Construction Trades, General Apprenticeship
Resident Tuition and student fees $10,685
Books and supplies - $1,560
Total - $12,245
Electrician Apprenticeship Technologies
Resident Tuition and student fees - $10,760
Books and supplies - $1,750
Total - $12,510
Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology Apprenticeship
Resident Tuition and student fees - $10,350
Books and supplies - $1,645
Total - $11,995
Costs are based on resident tuition. Consult Lane's website for updated tuition and fees. International students should seek advice with the international office at Lane Community College for program costs.
Find out more about Apprenticeship in Oregon:
Oregon Employment Department video:
In honor of National Apprenticeship Week, Lane hosted a Celebration of Apprenticeship open house Nov. 2019.