Welcome to the Discipline of Physics!
Taking Physics at LCC is an Excellent Choice!
Take advantage of a variety of small class-size, lecture-lab format courses designed for a variety of student needs and interests.
The Fundamental Science
Physics is the study of matter and motion in its most fundamental forms. For this reason, physics is studied by majors in all sciences for breadth of understanding, by professional-technical students for deeper understanding of technology, by humanities students for insight into ways of thinking deeply embedded in human civilization, and by people generally to gain enjoyment and scientific literacy in a world deeply impacted by science.
In studying physics, you experience and appreciate the continual evolution of humanity's (and your own!) insights about physical phenomena.
Learning physics opens doors to:
- Advanced Studies
- Inter-Disciplinary Studies
- Public Policy
- Understanding and the enjoyment of the universe around us
What are the best physics courses for you?
Physics at Lane offers:
- Physics Investigation Laboratory PH 190
- Fundamentals of Physics PH 101/102/103
- Physical Science Survey GS 104
- Survey of Astronomy ASTR 107 (classroom and telecourse options)
- Three terms on introductory aspects of astronomy ASTR 121/122/123
- General Physics (algebra-based) PH 201/202/203
- General Physics (calculus-based) PH 211/212/213
Lane’s main campus is tucked into the foothills of the Oregon Cascades, providing a stunning landscape for your education. With incredible resources on campus like advising, tutoring services, the library, First Year Experience and so many more, you have the opportunity to make the most out of your degree. Lane also offers student housing at Titan Court in downtown Eugene, next to our Mary Spilde Center. Ready to learn more? Schedule a campus tour to explore our beautiful campus and amazing facilities.