Culinary & Baking Program Steps to Apply
Space in the program is limited. Students are encouraged to complete items on the checklist and submit this application as soon as possible in order to secure a space in the program. We will begin accepting applications in Spring term 2022. If the program is “full” we still encourage you to apply and add yourself to the waitlist as spaces may become available or additional sections may be added as needed.
- Complete LCC Steps to Enroll and declare Culinary and Baking as your major
- Complete the Culinary & Baking Application Form also linked below.
- Meet with the Career Pathways Coach for Culinary Arts and develop a Career and College Success Plan. Contact information is below.
- Obtain and submit a copy of your current Oregon Food Handlers Card
- Respond to and submit your response to the personal statement question below.
- Once you have been admitted, prepare to register for Fall classes as registration becomes available. See Dates and Deadlines below.
- Ensure you are able to attend the required summer Culinary Math and Safety Orientation course which will be taught between Labor Day and the First day of Fall term. Exact Schedule TBD. Students will be automatically registered for this required orientation at no cost.
Are You Ready to Apply? Application is available now.
Or if you would just like to learn more about the Culinary and Baking programs but not quite ready to apply you can start by filling out this Culinary/Baking Student Interest Form. This will allow us to message you about application updates, or special events or culinary tours.
Culinary & Baking Dates and Deadlines
- APRIL 2022: We begin accepting and reviewing applications. Submit the Culinary and Baking Application form (link below) and complete all steps on this checklist to be added to the program or waitlist. Students are admitted on a first admitted first enrolled basis.
- May 2022: Career Pathways begins to notify students who have completed application materials that they have been offered a spot in the program.
- May 2022: Fall registration opens. Please refer to the Student Registration Calendar.
- September 2022: The Culinary Programs Begins! Students are required to attend a multi week Summer Culinary Math and Safety orientation which will be taught between Labor day and Fall Start. Exact Schedule TBD. Students will be automatically registered for the no-cost required summer orientation..Failure to attend could result in forfeiture of program eligibility.
- September 27, 2022 Fall Term 2022 begins
Culinary & Baking Career Pathways Coaching
Are you ready to apply or just want to learn more about the program? Please contact the
Career Pathways Coach for Culinary Laurie Kinder: Kinderl@lanecc.edu, or you can Career Pathways Office at email@example.com. All prospective students must meet with the Coach and Complete a College and Career Plan before they can be admitted to the program. Your coach will also go over potential funding sources, internal and external resources to support your success in the Culinary Program. The Career Pathways office is located in BLDG 4 room 210.
You will be asked to respond to the following question as part of your application. You may submit this with the Culinary and Baking Online Application, or you may email it to your coach separately.
Why are you interested in LCC’s Culinary and/or Baking programs and how will this program help you reach your personal, academic or professional goals?