Culinary & Baking Program Steps to Apply
Space in the program is limited. We begin accepting applications in Spring term for Fall enrollment. Students are encouraged to complete the items on the checklist below and submit the application early, so we can assist with scheduling and planning.
Want to learn more?
Please reach out to us at any time through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 541-463-4701, or in person at the Main Campus Building 4 Rm 210. We can assist you with scheduling and planning prior to enrollment, and set up communication to keep you updated about application updates, or special events or culinary tours.
Ready to Apply?
- Complete LCC Steps to Enroll.
- Complete the Culinary Application which includes uploading the following documents:
- A current Oregon food handler's card
- Your answer to the following Personal Statement question: "Why are you interested in LCC’s Culinary and/or Baking programs and how will this program help you reach your personal, academic or professional goals?"
- Complete the Career Pathways Intake to help determine what financial and other support resources may be available to you.
- Meet with a coach at the Career Pathways/CARE office and complete a Career and College Success Plan. Coaches are available at the Main Campus Building 4 Rm 210. You can contact them in person, or through email@example.com or 541-463-4701.
After you have completed the steps above, once you have been admitted, you will register for Fall classes. See Dates and Deadlines below.
English language learners are welcome to join, starting with the 2-week PASS Culinary Bridge session on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 5 - 14, 2023.
Culinary & Baking Dates and Deadlines
- April 2023: We begin accepting and reviewing applications. Complete all steps on this checklist to be added to the program or waitlist. Students are admitted on a first admitted first enrolled basis.
- May 2023: Career Pathways begins to notify students who have completed application materials that they have been offered a spot in the program.
- May 2023: Fall registration opens. Please refer to the Student Registration Calendar.
- September 26, 2023: Fall Term 2023 begins
All students in this program receive a dedicated Career Pathways Coach to support them through completion of their program. Career Pathways coaching emphasizes building personal relationships with students that develop over time, allowing coaches to provide support unique to each student's needs. Coaching services include:
- Academic progress monitoring (we help you stay on your plan)
- Internal college resource navigation
- External community resource navigation
- Financial, time management, and personal support plans
- Collaboration with community and industry agencies