Culinary & Baking Program Steps to Apply
Space in the program is limited. We begin accepting applications in Spring term for Fall enrollment. Students are encouraged to complete the items on the checklist below and submit the interest form early, so we can assist with scheduling and planning.
- Complete LCC Steps to Enroll and declare Culinary and Baking as your major.
- Complete the Culinary & Baking Interest Form linked below.
- Meet with the Career Pathways Coach for Culinary Arts, Laurie Kinder, and develop a Career and College Success Plan. Contact information is below.
- Obtain and submit a copy of your current Oregon Food Handlers Card.
- When the application process opens in Spring term, fill out and submit the application. Applications can be obtained from the Career Pathways Coach.
- Respond to and submit your response to the personal statement question: Why are you interested in LCC’s Culinary and/or Baking programs and how will this program help you reach your personal, academic or professional goals?
- Once you have been admitted, prepare to register for Fall classes as registration becomes available. See Dates and Deadlines below.
- Ensure you are able to attend the required summer Culinary Math and Safety Orientation course which will be taught between Labor Day and the First day of Fall term. Exact Schedule TBD. Students will be automatically registered for this required orientation at no cost.
Want to learn more? Please reach out to us at any time using the Interest Form; we can assist you with scheduling and planning prior to enrollment, and this will allow us to message you about application updates, or special events or culinary tours.
Culinary & Baking Dates and Deadlines
- April 2023: We begin accepting and reviewing applications. Contact the Career Pathways Culinary Coach to receive an application. Complete all steps on this checklist to be added to the program or waitlist. Students are admitted on a first admitted first enrolled basis.
- May 2023: Career Pathways begins to notify students who have completed application materials that they have been offered a spot in the program.
- May 2023: Fall registration opens. Please refer to the Student Registration Calendar.
- September 2023: The Culinary Programs Begins! Students are required to attend a multi week Summer Culinary Math and Safety orientation which will be taught between Labor day and Fall Start. Exact Schedule TBD. Students will be automatically registered for the no-cost required summer orientation. Failure to attend could result in forfeiture of program eligibility.
- September 26, 2023 Fall Term 2023 begins
Culinary & Baking Career Pathways Coaching
Are you ready to apply or just want to learn more about the program? Please contact the Career Pathways Coach for Culinary Laurie Kinder: Kinderl@lanecc.edu, or you can email the Career Pathways Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. All prospective students must meet with the Coach and Complete a College and Career Plan before they can be admitted to the program. Your coach will also go over potential funding sources, internal and external resources to support your success in the Culinary Program. The Career Pathways office is located in BLDG 4 room 210.