Services for SNAP Recipients
STEP at Lane
What is STEP?
STEP (SNAP Training and Employment Partnership) is a program offered throughout Oregon for individuals receiving SNAP benefits and who are interested in pursuing employment and/or training opportunities.
Who is eligible for STEP?
- Must be currently receiving SNAP benefits
- Must not be on TANF
- Must be interested in pursuing training and/or education opportunities
What is STEP at Lane (LCC)?
Do you meet STEP eligibility criteria listed above?
Do you have an initial goal of working on basic skills including GED, ABSE, ESL or PASS LANE?
Do you have a secondary goal around vocational training or employment?
Are you interested in career and academic coaching to help you meet your goals?
*If you answered yes to all these questions STEP at Lane may be right for you.
Individuals who enroll in STEP at Lane will benefit from:
- Career and academic success coaching
- Priority enrollment in PASS Lane
- May have access to funds to help pay for transportation fees, GED practice testing fees and GED exam fees. *based on availability of funds
How do I enroll in STEP at Lane?
- Fill out initial intake form
- Update or create new imatch account
- Contact Rosa Lopez (lopezr@lanecc edu, (541) 463-4726) to be referred to the appropriate career coach, or if you already know who your career coach is you can meet with them directly.
- Participants who are determined eligible for STEP at Lane will schedule a time to meet with their assigned Career Coach to develop a career plan and complete a STEP application.
Other STEP programs in Lane County
STEP services are offered at many agencies across Lane County and Oregon to help guide and support eligible participants with training and employment goals. Program services and benefits differ from agency to agency. If STEP at Lane is not right for you but you still meet initial STEP eligibility you may wish to enroll in one of several other local agencies to help you reach you training and employment goals? Please see flier for more information on other local Lane County STEP agencies.