English Department - Composition
Lane's English department offers a full range of essential writing courses, including: a preparatory course, WR 115; the freshman-year sequence, WR 121, 122 and 123; and a course on technical writing, WR 227.
Our composition classes emphasize critical reading, writing and thinking, and our department is committed to offering curricula infused with multi-cultural perspectives.
The links below contain a range of resources for students:
The current class schedule of writing courses, course descriptions and information for students transferring into Lane.
- Approved Course Outcomes - detailed information about the goals of the English department's writing courses
- What Happens in the Composition Classroom? - materials that explain course processes and classroom practice
- WR121 Waiver Exam
- WR 227 Credit by Assessment
- Class Schedule
- Network Resources
- Online Hybrids
- Course Equivalency Tool and Course Transfer Information
- Online Form for Equivalency Requests Submitted to the English Department for Writing Courses