English Department - Writing
Lane's Writing Program offers essential writing courses: Writing 115, 115W, 121, 122, 227.
Our classes emphasize critical reading, writing, and thinking, and our department is developing capacity to offer curricula using an equity lens.
The links below contain a range of resources for students, including the current class schedule of writing courses, course descriptions, and information for students transferring into Lane.
- Approved Course Outcomes - detailed information about the goals of the English department's writing courses
- What Happens in the Composition Classroom? - materials that explain course processes and classroom practice
- Class Schedule
- Course Equivalency Tool and Course Transfer Information
- WR 115/121 Readiness Exam
- Online Form for Equivalency Requests Submitted to the English Department for Writing Courses