Welcome all admitted students!!!
We are excited to welcome you to Eugene!
International Orientation and Testing are required for all international students. Please read the instructions below to get ready to come to Lane Community College!
Step 1: Prepare for the placement test
- Practice tests are available on the Placement Testing Information page
Step 2: Take online placement tests
- The deadline for online placement tests for Fall 2017 is August 27, 2017.
- Download Accuplacer Student Introduction to Online Test Proctoring for more information about taking your online tests
Step 3: Watch for an email from InternationalAdvisor@lanecc.edu
- This email will tell you the result of your placement test whether you are in credit or ESL level and your next steps.
Step 4: Complete your advising
- You will receive an email about next steps for advising. Some options include:
Step 5: Visit the Housing page for information about housing
- If you have questions about airport pick-up or housing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail).
Step 6: Complete the confirmation form
- Check the dates of available airport pick up on the Dates and Deadlines page before you book your flight.
- All students are required to complete the confirmation form as soon as you have your flight information.
- In order to receive airport pick-up you must complete the form 7 days prior to your arrival.
- You can select your check-in time while completing the confiramtion form.
Step 7: Attend the new student orientation
- All international students must attend the new student orientation.
- You can find the orientation schedule below.
- Orientation helps prepare students for a successful experience at Lane Community College, and it includes:
- Placement Testing
- Academic Advising
- Class Registration
- Informational Sessions
- Health insurance and safety
- SEVIS immigration regulations
- Student services/resources and myLane
- Housing, events, activities and life in Eugene
- Fun Social Activities
Students must attend the full orientation on-campus, or they will not be able to attend Lane.
To request this information in an alternate format (Braille, digital, audio or large print), please contact Center for Accessible Resources: (541) 463-5150 (voice); 711 (relay); Building 1, 218; or AccessibleResources@lanecc.edu.
Orientation Schedule for the Academic Year
|Term/Year||Testing Orientation Dates|
|Fall 2017||September 14 - September 19|
|Winter 2018||January 2 - January 4|
|Spring 2018||March 26 - March 28|