Welcome all admitted students!!!
We are excited to welcome you to Eugene!
International Orientation and Testing are required for all international students. Please read the instructions below to get ready to come to Lane Community College!
Step 1: Prepare for the placement test
- Practice tests are available on the Placement Testing Information page
Step 2: Take online placement tests
- The deadline for online placement tests for FALL is August 18, 2016.
- See the Online Placement Test Instruction page for more information about scheduling your online tests.
Step 3: Watch for an email from InternationalAdvisor@lanecc.edu
- This email will tell you if you are in credit or ESL and your next steps.
Step 4: Complete your advising
- You will receive an email about next steps for advising. Some options include:
- If you live in the USA but not in Oregon or if you live outside of the USA, sign up for an online advising session. Our online advising sign-up form will be available on June 20, 2016.
- If you live in Japan, Malaysia, or Vietnam, meet with our staff in summer 2016. Sign up for an in-country advising session. The sign up form will be available on June 10, 2016.
- If you currently live in Oregon, please schedule an advising appointment in the office by calling (541) 463-3434
Step 5: Visit the Housing page for information about housing
- If you have questions about airport pick-up or housing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail).
Step 6: Complete an arrival form
- Check the dates of available airport pick up on the Dates and Deadlines page before you book your flight.
- All students are required to complete the arrival form as soon as you have your flight information.
- In order to receive airport pick-up you must complete an arrival form 7 days prior to your arrival.
- Once you complete an arrival form, you will receive an email with your check-in time for the orientation.
Step 7: Attend the new student orientation
- You can find the orientation schedule below.
- Orientation helps prepare students for a successful experience at Lane Community College, and it includes:
- Placement Testing
- Academic Advising
- Class Registration
- Informational Sessions
- Health insurance and safety
- SEVIS immigration regulations
- Student services/resources and myLane
- Housing, events, activities and life in Eugene
- Fun Social Activities
Students must attend the full on-campus orientation week, or they will not be able to attend Lane.
To request this information in an alternate format (Braille, digital, audio or large print), please contact Center for Accessible Resources: (541) 463-5150 (voice); 711 (relay); Building 1, 218; or AccessibleResources@lanecc.edu.
Orientation Schedule for the Academic Year
|Term/Year||Testing Orientation Dates|
|Fall 2016||September 12 - September 16|
|Winter 2017||January 3 - January 6|
|Spring 2017||March 27 - March 23|