Welcome all admitted students!!!
We are excited to welcome you to Eugene! Please read the instructions below to get ready to come to Lane Community College!
Step 1: Prepare for the placement test and sign up online
- Practice tests are available on the Placement Testing Information page
- You will receive an email from your advisor with the testing voucher number and instructions.
Step 2: Take online placement tests
- The deadline for online placement tests is on Dates and Deadlines page.
- Make sure to have your passport ready when you take an online placement test!
- After the test, watch for an email from InternationalAdvisor@lanecc.edu. This email will tell you the result of your placement test whether you are in credit or ESL level and your next steps.
Step 3: Complete your advising
- You will receive an email about next steps for advising. Some options include:
Step 4: Arrange your housing
- Visit the Lane housing page for more information about Lane student housing.
Step 5: Complete the confirmation form after you get your visa
- All students are required to complete the confirmation form
- In order to receive airport pick-up you must complete the form 7 days prior to your arrival. Check the dates of available airport pick up on the Dates and Deadlines page before you book your flight.
- A peer mentor is looking forward to connecting with you soon after you submit the confirmation form.
- If your plans have changed and you are not coming to Lane, please go to Tab 4 of the online application.
Step 6: Attend the new student orientation
- All international students must attend the full orientation on campus, or they will not be albe to attend Lane.
- You can find the orientation dates below.
- Orientation helps prepare students for a successful experience at Lane Community College, and it includes:
- Placement testing, advising, class registration
- SEVIS immigration regulations
- Information about health insurance and safety
- Student services/resources
- Fun Social Activities
Orientation Dates for the Academic Year 2018-2019
|Fall 2018||September 12 - September 19|
|Winter 2019||December 17- December 20|
|Spring 2019||March 25 - March 28|
(Click the dates for detailed schedule)