Part-Time Classes at Lane
We are glad that you are interested in taking part-time classes at Lane and International Programs is pleased to assist you! We are located on Lane's main campus in Building 11, Room 235.
Step 1 Major Advisor at Current School
Talk with your major advisor at your current school to determine which Lane courses are transferable to your current school.
Step 2 International Advisor at Current School
Meet with the International Programs department to learn about the concurrent enrollment requirements to take classes at Lane, if you are currently attending another school.
- If you are currently enrolled at the University of Oregon, meet with the International Affairs Office to learn about the concurrent enrollment requirements. (i.e. How many credits do I need to take at UO in order to take a class at Lane? How many online class am I allowed to take? etc.)
Step 3 Lane Application
It is very important to complete both the online application
and the Enrollment Process on time.
- Once your application is processed, you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane PIN/Password for use in Step 5 below.
- To verify myLane access, you'll need to log on to myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
Step 4 Online Orientation Session
Complete the required New Student Information Session
- All new Lane students will complete this self-paced online information session. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource.
Step 5 Placement Tests
Decide on your need to take placement tests
- If you have not completed the math requirements for your desired program, major or degree, and have not completed math within the past four terms (with a C- or higher), then schedule your math placement test now. If you have completed a writing composition course with a grade C- or higher at a previous college, you do not need to take the reading/writing placement test. Proceed to Step 6.
- If you have not completed a writing composition course at a previous college, or you earned a grade lower than a C-, you must take the reading/writing placement test before you can register. Make a placement test appointment before proceeding to Step 6.
Students who have completed any college courses go to Step 6
Step 6 Lane Advising
Complete the part-time advising form
Step 7 Class Registration
Register for classes on myLane
- Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Register For Classes
Please check Lane's website for student registration dates and times. Registration is done through MyLane and can be accessed on the left navigation bar of Lane's homepage.
Sponsor letters addressed to Lane need to be either emailed to email@example.com or turned into Enrollment Services in Building 1 for tuition to be billed to the sponsoring agency. Please be aware that many sponsoring embassies and other organizations may only pay your tuition and fees at the school that holds your I-20. Please contact them prior to enrolling in classes at Lane.
Full-time students with I-20 held at the University of Oregon (UO) are required to have a minimum of 6 credits at UO and are required to submit a UO Reduced Course Load form.