Affirmative Action Plan
Lane Community College
Plan Year 2018
For Lane Community College, Executive Order 11246 states that affirmative action must be taken by employers to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities,and protected veterans. An affirmative action program is dynamic in nature and includes measurable objectives, quantitative analyses, and internal auditing and reporting systems that measure the contractor's progress toward achieving equal employment opportunity.
1. Affirmative Action for Females and Minorities
In accordance with 41 §CFR-2.10 federal contractors are required to administer an affirmative action program to ensure equal employment opportunity for minorities and females.
- Affirmative Action Narrative for Females and Minorities
- Incumbency vs. Estimated Availability for Females and Minorities
2. Affirmative Action for Veterans and Disabilities
Veterans: The Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), as amended, prohibits discrimination and requires affirmative action in all employment practices for the following categories of protected veterans:
Individuals with Disabilities are covered by Section 503 which prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating in employment against individuals with disabilities (IWDs). As revised, the regulations strengthen the affirmative action provisions to aid contractors in their efforts to recruit and hire IWDs, and improve job opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Affirmative Action Narrative for Veterans and Disabilities
- Incumbency vs Benchmark for Veterans and Disabilities