CEU Opportunities for CMAs
Are you a Certified Medical Assistant (certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants) who took the certification exam based on work experience or on-the-job- training? Are you a CMA who has been out of the job market for a while and would like to upgrade your clinical skills before returning to work? Are you concerned about accumulating sufficient CEUs to qualify for re-certification by the AAMA?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be interested in a new opportunity available at Lane this year. Four classes in the Medical Assistant program will be open to you, on a space-available basis. These classes are:
- Clinical Assistant 1...........(3 credits Fall term)
- Dosage Math without IVs........(1 credit Winter term)
- Clinical Assistant 2...........(3 credits Winter term)
- Laboratory Orientation.........(3 credits Spring term)
- Clinical Assistant 3...........(3 credits Spring term)
CEUs are based on clock hours; one credit at Lane equals 1.2 CEU (or 12 of the 60 "points" required for re-certification).
All classes are taught during the day only (no evening courses). For further information, contact the program coordinator at (541) 463-5621, in the Health Professions Department.