Gender Equity Center
Spring Term Hours
To be determined for after May 8
The Gender Equity Center provides support for all students and offers a relaxing atmosphere to study or socialize with your peers.
Our main areas of support are:
Women in Transition: Classes and other resources supporting women entering college.
LGBTQ Support & Advocacy: Support, Resources and Community for all LGBTQ+ students, staff, and allies.
Healthy Masculine Identities: Resources and workshops exploring healthy masculine identities and ways of being.
Title IX & Sexual Assault Prevention: Resources and learning opportunities to address and prevent Sexual Assault and Harassment.
- A welcoming place to study and socialize with other students
- A free phone for local calls
- Free use of our computers, with staff assistance available
- Peer support from GEC Ambassadors
- Referrals, and information
- Help entering Lane Community College
- Help applying for financial aid online
- Information on Women in Transition classes
- Help planning your time and class schedule
- Support and resources to stay in school
- Computer tutoring and advice
- Personal and career counseling
- Emotional support and encouragement
- Gender Inclusive Restrooms
- Ideas on how to balance school, work, and family life
- Referrals to campus resources for yourself and your family
- Support and referrals to local domestic violence service agencies
Eugene's community offers many resources: child care, employment services, medical resources, housing, financial assistance, food boxes and more. For more details, see the General Resource List.