Gender Equity Center
The Gender Equity Center will be closed until further notice. All events will be cancelled or moved online, if feasible. Every effort will be made to reply to voice messages and emails received within 1-5 business days. We thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented circumstances.
Please check back Fall term for updates.
The Gender Equity Center provides support for all students and offers a relaxing atmosphere to study or socialize with your peers.
Our main areas of support are:
Women in Transition: Classes and other resources supporting women entering college.
LGBTQ Support & Advocacy: Support, Resources and Community for all LGBTQ+ students, staff, and allies.
Healthy Masculine Identities: Resources and workshops exploring healthy masculine identities and ways of being.
Title IX & Sexual Assault Prevention: Resources and learning opportunities to address and prevent Sexual Assault and Harassment.
- A welcoming place to study and socialize with other students
- A free phone for local calls
- Free use of our computers, with staff assistance available
- Peer support from GEC Ambassadors
- Referrals, and information
- Help entering Lane Community College
- Help applying for financial aid online
- Information on Women in Transition classes
- Help planning your time and class schedule
- Support and resources to stay in school
- Computer tutoring and advice
- Personal and career counseling
- Emotional support and encouragement
- Gender Inclusive Restrooms
- Ideas on how to balance school, work, and family life
- Referrals to campus resources for yourself and your family
- Support and referrals to local domestic violence service agencies
Eugene's community offers many resources: child care, employment services, medical resources, housing, financial assistance, food boxes and more. For more details, see the General Resource List.