Looking for personalized help with scholarship applications? Want to learn about additional scholarship opportunities?
Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
LCC Foundation Scholarships Available - Academic Year 2016-2017
Lane Community College Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities for students.
In 2016 we will be awarding more than $700,000 in scholarships!
Note: Contact Continuing Education for information about CNA scholarships.
Steps To Apply For LCC Foundation Scholarships
1. Read the Scholarship Application Instructions - These important instructions will help you successfully complete your application.
2. Before you apply
- Have an email address
- Have a Lane ID # (also called L#)
- Get unofficial copies of your transcripts and save them as PDF files. Failure to provide transcripts will disqualify your application. Uploading transcripts in file formats other than PDF will also disqualify your application.
- Know your major & degree plans.
- Essay questions from 2016/2017 (Questions for 2017/18 are not currently available).
- Apply for nursing, other health care professions, culinary and hospitality scholarships if you plan to be in the program in the fall. We will verify acceptance into the program when we are awarding scholarships.
- Apply for FAFSA (required for many, but not all scholarships)
- The Foundation application period opens in early January and closes on March 3, 2016, at 8:59 p.m.
3. Apply online - The LCC Foundation Scholarship Application period for the 2016/2017 academic year is now closed.
Helpful Application Tips
- Create a User Name and Password for STARS online application.
- Write it down! You cannot access your application without it!
- There is no "SUBMIT" button on the application or email confirmation.
- Questions or problems logging in? Send an email that includes Full Name and Application Question in the subject line to LCCScholarships@Lanecc.edu. Someone will try to get back to you as soon as possible. If you wait until the scholarship deadline, it is very unlikely you will get a response in time to complete your application.
Useful Resources On Lane Community College Website
This site lists options for researching scholarships not affiliated with Lane Community College. There are also resources for preparing scholarship applications.
- Financial Aid:
This site has details about the FAFSA process and has an excellent list of topics related to student financial assistance.
- Enrollment and Student Financial Services: This site provides information on applying for admission to Lane Community College and steps to enroll in credit classes.
- SHed: Student HelpDesk: This site has a Knowledgebase article on How to print or save your LCC transcript as a PDF.
Other Helpful Information
- The Truth About Scholarships: How Do Scholarships Affect Financial Aid?
- Foundation Scholarship Exception Request
Foundation Scholarships are disbursed beginning the second Thursday of each term and, in most cases, disbursement occurs every Thursday thereafter, as awards become ready for payment. You should complete this form if you have been awarded a scholarship through Lane's Foundation and your award has not been disbursed by this time.
- ged.com Effective 2016, GED transcripts may be obtained through GED Testing Service (ged.com). Their website will provide information on how to request these documents.
What Happens After The Scholarship Deadline?
LCC Foundation Scholarship Contact
The Foundation has a separate database from the College. Updating your contact information through the College on Expresslane or myLane does not update our records.
If your email address, home address, or phone number changes, please notify us by sending an email to: LCCScholarships@lanecc.edu