Advisory committees play a critical role in the operation of Lane Community College's professional- technical programs. Through their members, they provide a cross-section of expertise and experience to effectively influence the direction and momentum of Lane programs.
Advisory committees serve as both the champions and gatekeepers of the broader college mission. In this respect, they are bigger than themselves in their ability to influence the quality of the work force today and in the future.
Learn More About Advisory Committees
- What is an Advisory Committee?
- What is Expected of Committee Members?
- How are Members Selected?
- What are the Benefits of Serving?
- Special Population Definitions from Mary Bunn-Oct 2011
- Special Populations Self Assessment from Mary Bunn-Oct 2011
Presentation Sample of a Successful Advisory Committee
- Example - Lane Business Advisory Committee Presentation
- Presentation to Customize for Your Own Committee
- CAHM Successful Committee Presentation-Apr 2011
- New Advisory Committee Member Orientation from Jeff Cook-Oct 2011
Helpful Web Links for Advisory Committees