News and Announcements
Building 19, Room 249
Online hours - ZOOM:
- Monday: 9 - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 - 8 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9 - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 - 2 p.m.
541-463-5799 (not available this term)
Please contact us by email: email@example.com
Business Resource Center
The mission of the Business Resource Center (BRC) is to serve students enrolled in credit classes at Lane Community College by providing supportive learning environments, instilling confidence, encouraging independence as learners, and providing individual peer tutorial assistance and academic support.
The BRC honors diversity. We all work together to create a safe environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. All people are welcome here!
Our tutors are business majors and have expertise in many of the classes offered through the Business Department.
For our current tutor schedule and information on other tutor centers, visit one or more of the following pages:
- Spring BRC Schedule Google Calendar / (Spring BRC Schedule PDF)
- Other resource centers:
- Student Resources
Services offered in the Business Resource Center:
- Online Tutoring:
- Early Outreach and Referral Program
- The Early Outreach and Referral Program (EORP) is free for all LCC students. The BRC also has an Early Outreach Specialist as part of our staff. The EOR Specialist can:
- Offer you weekly individual tutoring in specific business subjects.
- Help you with time management.
- Connect you with LCC (Advising, Counseling, Financial Aid, etc.) and community resources that can benefit you.
- To get help or refer a student:
- Fill out the form, or
- Write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a Zoom session on WCOnline with an EOR Specialist
- See more information in the Early Outreach and Referral Program
For tutoring outside of the above BRC schedule use:
How to apply for Business tutor positions:
- If you are interested in becoming a tutor for the BRC there are two applications.
- If you have federal work study financial apply here.
- If you don't have work study apply here.
All tutors must have already completed BT165 and BT123. Tutors should exhibit a positive welcoming attitude; be open, flexible, and willing to learn; demonstrate a commitment to student success in coursework; and communicate effectively and respectfully.