News and Announcements
Building 19, Room 249
Monday: 9 - 2
Tuesday: 9 - 4
Wednesday: 9 - 4
Thursday: 9 - 4
Friday: 9 - 2
Business Resource Center
The mission of the Business Resource Center (BRC) is to serve students enrolled in credit classes at Lane Community College by providing supportive learning environments, instilling confidence, encouraging independence as learners, and providing individual peer tutorial assistance and academic support.
The BRC honors diversity. We all work together to create a safe environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. All people are welcome here!
We offer Dragon Naturally Speaking for those with reading disabilities. Dragon allows the student to read her/his document into the mic and the spoken word magically appears on the screen in a document to be saved by the student on his/her jump drive. There are two computers available, each in a private room.
Our tutors are business majors and have expertise in many of the classes offered through the Business Department.
For our current tutor schedule and information on other tutor centers, visit one or more of the following pages:
- Fall BRC Schedule
- Finals Week BRC Schedule (TBA)
- Other resource centers
How to apply for Business tutor positions:
If you are interested in becoming a tutor for the BRC there are two applications.
All tutors must have already completed BT 165 and BT 123. Tutors should exhibit a positive welcoming attitude; be open, flexible, and willing to learn; demonstrate a commitment to student success in coursework; and communicate effectively and respectfully.
Services offered in the BRC:
- Business Tutors are available throughout the operating hours of the BRC. The tutor schedule is available at the front desk and on bulletin boards in and outside the BRC.
- Instructors are encouraged to meet students in the BRC and can offer short study sessions.
- Study alone or with a group.
- Printing is available.
- Specialized software is available, such as Adobe, SNAP, QuickBooks and others.
Study Space available in the BRC:
- Open Study: This is a place for group study. A large table and a white board are available for large groups or small groups. Three computer stations are available. This is also a testing room.
- Quiet Study: a small room for individual, quiet study. Three computer stations are available. This is also a testing room.
- Main computer lab and study area: Tutors are available to help students in the Business Department classes, particularly accounting, QuickBooks and MS Office software.
Tuition Free Registration: To guarantee continued availability of these FREE services, please register for the current term. In myLane you will need to ADD the CRN for this term and for every term you use the BRC. Contact the BRC at (541) 463-5799 for the current CRN.