Student Resource Center
The Student Resource Center (SRC) is the social hub of the ASLCC. It is located on the second floor of Building 1, Room 206 and is a student-operated service organization funded by the Associated Students of Lane Community College. SRC personnel help students to resolve nonacademic problems both on campus and in the community. Direct services provided by the SRC include assistance and referrals in areas of housing, transportation, student organizations, voter registration, and other special student interests. Free coffee is offered every Wednesday.
This is a comfortable safe space, a hate-free zone where students can come to charge their electronics or seek peer guidance in a number of areas. The student resource center is equipped with:
- Notary Public
- Several computers that have a daily print limit of 12 pages
- Television with cable and a VCR
- Space sufficient to hold a (37 person capacity) student event
- Ice Maker, Microwave, Toaster, and Toaster Oven
- Instant Hot Water spigot at the sink
The Student Resource Center staff are responsible for managing several bulletin boards on campus. The space on these bulletin boards is limited, and the postings will be prioritized as follows: student-let events first, followed by campus events free or reduced rate to students, off campus student event advertising, and community advertising. The basket to submit advertising to these boards is right outside the door of Building 1, Room 206A. The boards are located in the following public areas:
- Housing Bulletin Board, located outside the Snack Shack roll-up window - this board is reserved for housing information only
- Bridge, North end - between the sets of double doors that close off the sky bridge from building 1
- Forum Building, third floor (exterior) South wall
- Forum Building, third floor (exterior) East wall
- Center Building, first floor Cafeteria West Food Services entry
- Center Building, fourth floor next to the North elevator
- Performance Hall, Second floor to the left of the ticket window
- Foyer, Administration Building 3 - ground floor, between Research & Development and Human Resources
Contact information should be readily apparent on your posting or write the name, phone number, and email address of the contact person on the back.
Student "Snack Shack" Sales Counter
The Snack Shack is a student store located on the second floor of Building 1, across from the elevator (roll-up window). The ASLCC Student Resource Director is the manager of the snack shack and they employ federal work-study students, inquire in Student Life and Leadership Development for the availability of positions.
Snack Shack Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday (SUMMER HOURS)
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Monday – Friday (during regular academic terms)
7:30 am – 4:00 pm, or later depending on student-worker schedules.
Snack Shack Services:
- FAX first page $0.50, each additional page $0.25 – Cover page free, Financial Aid FAX's are free for students
- Convenience Store offering Snacks, Canned & Bottled Beverages, Energy Drinks, etc.
- Batteries, Pens, Pencils, Envelopes, Water Bottles
- Daily Lunch Specials