Some member benefits include:
- The ability to apply for over $37 million in scholarships, which are provided exclusively to Phi Theta Kappa members. These scholarships are for transfer to more than 600 senior colleges and universities.
- Phi Theta Kappa, benefactors Lou and Rosemary Oberndorf, and the 2011-2012 International Officers are proud to announce the creation of the Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship, developed specifically to assist community college students facing unanticipated and severe financial barriers to college completion.
- Members receive a 10 percent discount on books purchased from Better World Books, and there is free shipping within the United States. Go to ptk.org and click on the Better World Books link.
- Free enrollment in the Transfer Database. The database is used by hundreds of senior colleges and universities to recruit Phi Theta Kappa transfer members.
- Phi Theta Kappa's gold diploma seal affixed to members' diplomas.
- Membership in Phi Theta Kappa noted on college transcripts.
- The prestigious Golden Key membership pin, certificate of membership, and wallet-size identification card.
- Authority to purchase and wear Phi Theta Kappa's golden monogrammed Honors stole, cords, and tassel at graduation.
- Access to services, programs, and resources designed specifically for Phi Theta Kappa members.
- Press release announcing your membership sent electronically to your specified newspaper.
- Letter of recommendation sent to college admissions counselors or scholarship officials.
- Letter of recommendation sent to potential employers.
A one page handout is available.