Denali Editor Application - 2017/2018
Denali Editor Qualifications:
- The Denali Editor or Position is an appointment that covers an entire school year (fall-spring term).
- The deadline for the application is midnight, May 5, 2017.
- The applicant for Editor must have completed at least six LCC credit hours on the main campus within 12 months prior to his/her application for the Editor's position.
- The Editor qualifies for the competitive position by demonstrating writing and editing skills as well as demonstrating appreciation for esthetics and the interaction between graphics and text. The Editor must be capable of managing a fixed budget, publication timelines, and technical aspects of the magazine's publication. The Editor may elect to work with a staff of one or several students, depending on budget, and is responsible for organizing and directing their work in a collaborative fashion.
- At the time of application, the Editor should hold a 2.75 cumulative GPA and have completed at least one term at Lane Community College. Some flexibility in GPA is possible with accompanying explanation. The Editor must enroll in and complete a class of at least three credits at Lane CC each term while serving as Editor. If the cumulative GPA drops below 2.0, the Editor's standing will be reviewed by the Media Commission.
Please review the Denali Editor Qualifications before you submit your application.
Application for 2017/2018 Denali Editor:
Applications for 2017/18 have closed.