A Community Of Working Partners
There are many ways to support Lane. Beside monetary gifts, LCC's Foundation greatly depends on individuals and businesses to volunteer time, expertise, and services.
Volunteers are needed to review LCC Foundation Scholarship applications from March to April.
Harvest Dinner Volunteers
Volunteers are needed to help with a variety of set-up tasks. The primary task for these volunteers is to put together merchandise into gift bags. Some donations will need assembly, drawing and other decorative boxes need recovering, possibly helping with bidder packets, transporting some items between rooms, and other duties as assigned. Requirements: Must be able to sit or stand while using a repetitive motion, some tasks may require lifting of 25-40 pounds, and you must not have any existing or prior injuries that could be exacerbated by doing this work. This is a great task for someone who wants to donate a few hours of time in a fun and relatively easy environment.
Late November to Early December
Holiday Card Volunteers
Volunteers and scholarship recipients are needed to assist the LCC Foundation in sharing our gratitude with our supporters by personally signing holiday cards. Card recipients are long time supporters of the LCC Foundation. These wonderful people help fund scholarships and projects that support the college and students. It is easy to do and a great way to give back.
Below are a few of the most common ways you, your employees, or your business can make such a gift to Lane.
- Business and Corporations
- Professionals & Self-Employed
- Private Individuals
- Advisory Boards/Committees
Thank you for giving the gift of your time and assisting students in achieving dreams!
Volunteer your company's talent, experiences, and services by:
- Providing cooperative work experiences or internship opportunities for students
- Serving on advisory boards, business committees, or college/foundation boards
- Becoming a corporate sponsor of a specific project, campaign, fundraiser
- Providing free advertising or public relations (radio, television, printed media)
- Providing guest speakers/instructors for programs or events
- Providing professional or consulting services in area of expertise (graphic arts/design, advertising, marketing, public relations, technical support services, strategic planning, etc.)
Volunteer your expertise or services by serving as a:
- Board of Trustee member or advisory board member
- Guest speaker or guest instructor
- Consultant (graphic arts/design, advertising, marketing, public relations, technical support services, strategic planning, etc.)
- Special event planner, organizer, or performer
Volunteer your time to a specific:
- Department and program
- Project or initiative
- Administrative or fundraising function or special event
- Advisory board
Each year the Lane Community College Board of Education appoints over 800 community members to our advisory committees. These advisory committees are critical to the success of our professional technical programs and our students. Addressing the employment and education needs of apprenticeship, business, industry, labor, and professions is the goal of our professional technical programs, and your expertise in the field is a key component in meeting that goal.
We have come to rely on the assistance of advisory committee members in program design and evaluation, community interaction, student recruitment, legislative advocacy, fundraising and securing equipment donations. These activities make a huge difference in our ability to provide a quality learning experience for our students. It will be even more important in the future as we continue to deal with fiscal challenges.
To serve on one of our advisory committees, please call (541) 463-5804 or firstname.lastname@example.org