RTEC 101 - Your college transition made easy
What is RTEC 101?
You're about to embark on an entirely new experience at Lane with new information, new rules, and more freedom. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you know what degrees and resources Lane offers?
- Do you know how to transfer to a 4-year university?
- Where to look up scholarships and financial aid info?
- Do you feel ready?
If you said "no", then RTEC 101 is here to help you!
RTEC 101 Gateway to College and Careers is a free (yep! you read that right) class that is exclusively for graduating HS students or HS student dual enrolled in other college classes for fall, winter, and spring. Summer term is reserved for recent HS graduates.. This class is all about preparing you with all the necessary tools and resources you need to become a successful student at Lane.
Topics such as:
- Overview of degrees and first term advising
- Financial Aid - beyond filling out the FAFSA
- Communication and Time Management
- How to use our systems
"...one thing that stood out to me was how little I actually knew about college...I didn't expect to learn so much..."
"I recommend this class to anyone. It's a great introduction to college and makes starting college less intimidating."
– Hailey Macy
"After finishing this class, I finally feel like I'm ready to attend college without any fear or hesitation."
Upcoming Classes (Online learning only):
Register before it fills!
Eligibility: Class of 2022 or dual enrolled HS students
Tools needed: Reliable internet, zoom
Optional Zoom session
Attendance is encouraged
November 1-December 4
Attend a first day live zoom session from 3:00-5:00pm on Monday November 1th
January 3- March 19
Monday, January 3
January 3 – March 5 ( 5 weeks)
Tuesday, January 4
Is there anything else I need to know?
Yes, there is! Email is very important here at Lane and we respond quickly, so you'll need to get into the habit of checking it frequently. Here is more helpful information for you:
- Need an active L#. Get one through the College Now application and then register in myLane or request that we take care of the registration process for you. How to apply and register video
- Short term length (2 or 5 weeks usually) - offered every term (online only due to COVID)
- Small class size
- Flexible with your HS schedule
- Offered every Summer (2-week and 4-week classes) to any recent HS/GED graduate
- Students under 18 must submit a parent signature form. This will be emailed once students reserve their spot.