Financial Aid, Grants and Scholarships
For People with Disabilities
Job search site for people with disabilities. You will need to register to get the details.
The Foundation Center
Funding Resources for people with disabilities.
The George Washington University HEATH Resource Center
Online clearinghouse for post-secondary education for individuals with disabilities.
Mobility International USA, National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange, list of scholarships, fellowships and overseas exchange funding.
The Incight Fellow Scholarship Program offers a long-term commitment to students entering and attending college. Requirements are as follows:
- Physical disability, including sight, hearing and learning disabilities.
- Essay of 250 word max. Please see application for subject matter.
- Letter of Reference. Applicant may choose individual, no limit on length.
National Federation of the Blind
The National Federation of the Blind has a large scholarship program whose awards are made solely to persons who are legally blind. Each year at its national convention in July, the Federation awards thirty scholarships to high-achieving legally blind students.
Learning Ally National Achievement Awards
For eligible members, in recognition of extraordinary leadership, enterprise and service to others.
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Post Secondary Education
The site for the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Post Secondary Education highlights available government resources and the application process.
The University of Washington's DO-IT Center
DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology) funding strategies for students with disabilities.
Washington Center Scholarships and Internship Program for College Students with Disabilities
The Washington Center provides scholarship awards in the amount of $2,500 for students with disabilities. The center also helps to provide internship opportunities to assist students in developing leadership skills and gaining valuable experience in government, business and non-profit sectors.
Scholarships for specific conditions
- American Foundation for the Blind
- US Association of Blind Athletes
- National Federation of the Blind
- Council of Citizens with Low Vision
Cancer/life threatening disease
Deaf/hard of hearing
- The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- GoodCall Scholarship Search Engine
- Lane Community College Foundation
- Rogue Community College Foundation
- Scholarships 4 Students
- Center for Scholarship Administration