In-State Residency Requirement
To be an in-state resident, you must live in Oregon 90 days prior to the first day of the applicable term.
Residency is not automatic after 90 days
Even if you have attended for 90 days or longer, Lane does not automatically apply residency changes.
Lane cannot adjust residency for a term that has already passed. It is best to submit your request prior to the start of the term for which you wish to claim residency. It is also possible to make this adjustment during a current term, if you qualified for residency prior to the current term.
Proof of Residency:
Any of the following items may be used to verify your Oregon state residency:
- Oregon Drivers License or ID card
- Bank account statements (showing Oregon address)
- Oregon State Income Tax form with Oregon address (most current)
- Current W-2 form (showing Oregon address)
- Documentation of possession of Oregon vehicle license plates
- Active Duty military ID, copy of orders in Oregon
- Selective Service registration
- Oregon Voter registration card
- Utility bills (gas, water, power, telephone)
- Immigration documents (Visa, I-94, change of status application verification)
- Documentation of entry into a legal agreement in Oregon (marriage, divorce, etc.)
- Documentation of ownership of residential property or continuous residency in a leased or rental property in Oregon. (a signed lease or rental agreement does not meet this requirement. A letter on letterhead from a local property manager, confirming active residency, can meet this.)
- Documentation of public assistance, rehabilitation, unemployment or other Oregon state services
Students from states that border Oregon
Residents of states bordering Oregon (California, Idaho, Nevada, and Washington) are assessed in-state tuition without changing residency.
You are still eligible to change residency after 90 days.
Residency requirements for certain degree programs
Some programs in the Health Professions Division may have different residency requirements. Please review the online application to those programs for more information.