Lane's indoor temperature guidelines were adopted in 2006 as part of the energy policy and in an effort to balance a comfortable learning and working environment with energy conversation. The following guidelines are based on scientific studies to create comfortable conditions for the greatest number of students and employees.
- Warm weather temperatures will be in the range of 74 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool weather temperatures will be in the range of 68 to 73 degrees Fahrenheit.
To keep cool and save energy in summer:
- Wear lighter clothing if it is warm in your area.
- Hydrate! Drink water during the day.
- Close your blinds during the hottest parts of the day or if the sun is directly hitting the window.
- Use a portable fan or adjust your ceiling fan speed to help cool your body.
- Keep your lights off when you can.
- If you believe that it is hotter than 77 degrees F in your area and you are uncomfortable, please submit a work request to have equipment inspected.
To keep warm in the winter and save energy in the winter:
- Dress in layers. Leave a thick sweater in your office to put on when it seems particularly cold.
- Schedule times to get up a move around throughout the day.
- If you believe that it is colder than 68 degrees F in your area and you are uncomfortable, please submit a work request to have equipment inspected.